Having fun fixing missions, broken BCNM 9-2 windy

realitythief

Having fun fixing missions, broken BCNM 9-2 windy

Post by realitythief » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 am

Hello,

I have been having fun breaking and fixing my test server. Where does the script live for the 9-2 mission "Moon Reading"? After fixing Star's Door I got the bcnm to load. First only the cards loaded and the second stage of the BCNM didn't. I set the permission to 3 and got all 6 mobs to load at the start. The Wrym and Manticore are bork'd, level 1, although mob_groups says 75max/min. I am not getting the cs to load after the win, and not exiting. Attempting to adjust the level broke battleentity.ccp. Rebuilding... :-)

I can't find the script for this bcnm, as it does not live next to "Moon lit path."

Ya know, years ago I thought this was a topic... Searching the board from google is less than desirable.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Having fun fixing missions, broken BCNM 9-2 windy

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Mission was never finished being created. Scripter working on it was having difficulty with the NPC helper's teleporting ability if I recall correctly.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

x8jason8x

Post by x8jason8x » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:16 pm

It's easy enough to script, the mission parts are coded, the BCNM entry CS is wonky, but it can be worked around. You just have to script the BCNM events and mobs. Personally I just scripted the BC to proc with local checks on the Moon Spiral npc. It works if you enable skip on the first CS, and script the Cardians to trigger the 2nd event onMobDeath, use onEventFinish pop the next round. As Teo said, Ajido behaves badly, so I just left his script blank. Is it 100% retail? No, but it'll get you to r10 in Windy.

x8jason8x

Post by x8jason8x » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm going to revisit that now myself, because I recall the MissionStatus being WINDURST92, see if I can get the BC to proc without the local checks.