ip adress issues

420kushnite

Re: ip adress issues

Post by 420kushnite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 am

tryed ashita with laptop still cant connect

420kushnite

Post by 420kushnite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:33 am

i input internal ip from ipconfig the one specific to this but i keep getting error when am on downloading data is it because im using internal ip , and zone ip is set to external
, but when i input external ip on my laptop it cant find it

420kushnite

Post by 420kushnite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:34 am

ffxi-3001 btw is the error over and over too

Shadowmh

Post by Shadowmh » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:56 am

You use --hairpin at the end of your Boot Command in Ashita?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:49 am

Public address means your ISP address, not your network address. If you are still on your home network, it will not work the same unless you have the IP mapped to that address. For example, if I put my server on my NAS, which is internal network 192.168.11.5, it will be different than if I put it on the internet, which, my current IP shows as 223.139.153.162. Both need to be accessed different. Have you read through the networking part of the wiki, as well as the client part for connecting to your server? This is why I gave you think client link.

If you read that link I gave you, you would see:
You can also specify an IP to connect to as well as your user and pass in the Boot Command e.g.
--server 192.168.0.12 --user fakeUser --pass betterLuckNextTime
Tweak any other options you want while in here, including resolution. You do not need to click on the "Test Server" check box. If you would prefer to be prompted for your password, take out the --pass parameter entirely.
If you need to be able to log into a public server hosted on your own computer or LAN, add the --hairpin option to the Boot Command!
The package contains profiles for the main test server and the classic server. See the DarkStar Servers page for additional servers you can use.
The --hairpin must be used if you are using a public (Open Internet) configuration, whether it is the same PC or a different PC in the same network.
If you want to test it from a public point of view, use a completely different internet connection, like your mobile connection, or your neighbors wifi, or something that is not your internal network connection. And please, read through the wiki first before asking another question. I get the impression you haven't even bothered reading...