Various errors and problems... losing my mind...

Jym

Various errors and problems... losing my mind...

Post by Jym » Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Hey there everyone! So, I'm having some problems here. Sorry if I sound like such a newb here, I'm still learning. That being said, I've been trying to create a private server for myself and my roommates to play on. I followed the server build guide on the wiki, http://wiki.dspt.info/index.php?title=B ... the_Server, however I am having some questions/concerns.

First off being, I do not understand fully which IP I should use in the zoneip for the map server. I only want people on our LAN to connect to the server, so I assume I should use the external ip, correct? (I'm sorry... I fail so bad at this.) I used the tool provided in the guide to find the IP (I reversed the order, as it said.) However I can't seem to connect. I can create a character, but once I go to load in the game just stalls out at the downloading data screen and gives me an Error 3001. Ive done some reading on the forums and other sites and it seems that the problem is the zoneip, however I've changed it numerous times and re-re-re-recompiled the servers, and still no luck. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Second issue, I'm using a ffxi-boot mod loader I found in a Darkstar Ashita download. I'm not sure if this is an efficient loader or not, as I've read somewhere that the loader itself could be responsible for the problems I am having above. If someone could suggest a proper client loader and how to configure it so myself and my roommates could connect, again, I would greatly appreciate this.

Sorry the post is kinda lengthy, I really have no business attempting a project like this, but I'm trying my hardest to learn. Thank you in advance.

doghusky1990

Re: Various errors and problems... losing my mind...

Post by doghusky1990 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm

1. if you want people on your lan to only connect, you need to use your lan IP (ie. 192.0.0.10). you will also need to convert it using this tool. http://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=103

to find your local ip press the windows key and R and then type cmd
a black window will open
type ipconfig
look at ipv4 address
make a note of the numbers ie 192.168.0.1
use the tool i linked to to convert it.

2. the loader u should use is this http://www.filedropper.com/ashitadarkstarversion
oops also ntoiced you wanted to learn how to config it so here are the steps;
-open up Ashita.exe as an admin
-click "Darkstar classic server"
-click edit config
-change the boot command to --server 192.168.0.110 --user USERNAME --pass PASSWORD
-click save config
-click launch

hope this helps :)

Jym

Post by Jym » Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Update: Ive managed to get the server running using the local 127.0.0.1, however using queries that set my zoneip to either internal or external ips still wont seem work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there, or if there is some sort of edit that must be made to the conf files.

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm

127.0.0.1 is not local... it is your loopback address.... and since you want your friends to connect on your network you need your local ip. Not unless you are all using the same pc, then your loopback is fine; continue below using your loopback.
if you follow my directions above, it will show your local ip....

Once you have your local, convert it using the tool
- make sure the server is closed
- open IP to ZONEIP APP.exe
- type in ur ip example 192.168.0.10
- click convert
- use the blurb that is produced ie. "UPDATE zone_settings SET zoneip = '167815360';" in navicats to update the zone_settings
- close navicats

-click edit config
-change the boot command to without quotes "--server 192.168.0.10 --user USERNAME --pass PASSWORD"
-change the ip to your local
-click save config
-click launch

hope this helps...

Jym

Post by Jym » Tue May 21, 2013 10:41 pm

doghusky1990 wrote:1. if you want people on your lan to only connect, you need to use your lan IP (ie. 192.0.0.10). you will also need to convert it using this tool. http://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=103

to find your local ip press the windows key and R and then type cmd
a black window will open
type ipconfig
look at ipv4 address
make a note of the numbers ie 192.168.0.1
use the tool i linked to to convert it.

2. the loader u should use is this http://www.filedropper.com/ashitadarkstarversion
oops also ntoiced you wanted to learn how to config it so here are the steps;
-click edit config
-change the boot command to --server 192.168.0.110 --user USERNAME --pass PASSWORD
-click save config
-click launch

hope this helps :)
thank you so much for the help! I'll give it a shot and see what happens! Thanks again!

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm

You are most welcome. I went through the same stuff when I 1st started using this server. I hope you get it working. If you have anymore problem, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Jym

Post by Jym » Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 pm

So I got the tool to convert my IP as you said, however I can't get Ashita to load properly. I'm going to try again. Next question: assuming I get this to work, can I still play with the server being hosted on my computer? Also, what all do my roommates need to have on their pc's to connect and play?

Jym

Post by Jym » Tue May 21, 2013 11:16 pm

And now a new problem: entering the MH, and zoning in most places, causes the downloading data screen to appear but never load until the server times out. I then can't log back in as that character. Idk what is going on here. I still cant connect when I use the the ip above either. Ughhh.

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Okay, let me think...
What is your local ip?
The downloading data message and no loading is usually cause by the wrong zone ip being used.
If you give me your local, I will double check to make sure that is correct.
Also, if you can dump your zone_settings table and upload it, I'll have a look to make sure it is set to your local correctly.

Yes you can play with the server hosted on the same machine... it is not recommended, but it is possible.
What exactly is ashita doing when you try to load it, is it erroring? try reducing the graphics.
try reducing the window size from 1280 x 768 to 1024 x 768
try reducing the background size from 2560 x 2048 to 512 x 512
try reducing the menu size from 1280 x 768 to 512 x 512
Make sure ur ashita ip is set to ur local and not ur loopback

All your room mates need to do is install ffxi, update, copy the data folder, and run ashita as admin.

When the server times out and you are kick off, give it a min or two before you try to reconnect...
Also make sure your ffxi is up to date.

hope this helps...