Host IP

Raige

Host IP

Post by Raige » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:19 pm

--- RESOLVED --- ( Boot command --server external IP. As for going public, Router Firewall was prevent others from connecting to my IP. After opening ports, a Power cycle was needed.) (it's always the little things we over look.)
Ip_problem.jpg
Visual aid.
Hi!
So, this is my first go. A bit of learning was involved in my ongoing attempt to set up my own servers.
As of now, my servers are up and running. FFXI will even boot. Yay. The problem lies in the game actually connecting though. I'm trying to Host the game from my IP, but when ever I try to log in, it keeps trying to boot it from the standard 127.0.0.1. I've looked every that I could think of, and here I am, my last resort, asking for help. Does anyone know how to correct that? Until I fix that, I can't run into my next problem. :P

Thanks for the help^^
Last edited by Raige on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atom0s
Developer

Re: Host IP

Post by atom0s » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

The version of the boot mod you are using is old. Wherever you downloaded your Ashita package, I'd recommend not using it.
You can download the launcher for Ashita which can download all the updated files here:
http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2918-ashita-launcher-beta/

Once you are done with that, you need to alter the --server argument you are passing to the boot loader to not use 127.0.0.1 if you want to use a different IP.

Raige

Post by Raige » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey thanks for the heads up. I got the up to date version and it's updated and everything. So thank you.
I'm still having trouble trying to change the --server argument. In the boot command I set it to my IP, but it's still pulling from 127.0.0.1. I know I'm missing something, and just to not bug ya, i spent the last 3 hrs trying to research it myself. From making new .exe files to trying to edit the already existing one, but I guess I'm just too green in this field.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm

During the startup it should resolve twice to your personal computer name / IP. This is the boot loader blocking a request to PlayOnline's official servers and redirecting it to the loader itself.

Afterward you should see it trying to resolve the IP of the server you want to play on like this:

Raige

Post by Raige » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:43 pm

I see. there is a bit of a difference in your boot command than mine. I got mine up, but I think I'm on the test servers. That is probably why my friends can't connect to mine. I'm getting it, but at a snails pace. So my next question, is how would i go about fixing this to start from my IP? I'm reading how, but i guess im just not getting it. Once again, Thank you so much! :)
Attachments
blah.png

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:43 pm

did you read the log you just posted?

Raige

Post by Raige » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Ha! whoops. I was messing around with it before posting. Anyways. i made the changes with the --server # being typed out correctly this time. It will still connect me to 127.0.0.1.

I removed the /game boot_command and started it with --server IP# --user --pass --lang US --hairpin. Nothing happens at all.
I remove the --server IP# and leave everything else, I get:
problems.png

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 pm

looks fine to me, what's your problem again?

Raige

Post by Raige » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:13 pm

If I want my server to be public shouldn't it be connecting to my Zone IP and not the 127.0.0.1? or is that just how it is for the host?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 pm

if you're connecting to your server and it's on the same machine that you're connecting from, it's going to be 127.0.0.1