Zilart and no more

skelax

Zilart and no more

Post by skelax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Ok getting a server to only allow up to Zilart (requested by quite a few people). I am working on removing all items above the RoZ expansion. Thing I am running into is I can not find a single person who remembers what npcs etc came in afterwards so I can disable them. Also been fooling with the free trial client and it only installs main ffxi no expansions then installed zilart into it.

Sooo. My question is anyone know the following?
  • Which npcs were there with just Zilart
  • Which weapons weapons, items ,etc (or where to go to find out)
  • How to block zoning points on certain areas. i.e make it so users can not access cop areas etc
  • How the ah pricing was back then
Any help would be appreciated. :P

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Zilart and no more

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 pm

skelax wrote:Ok getting a server to only allow up to Zilart (requested by quite a few people). I am working on removing all items above the RoZ expansion. Thing I am running into is I can not find a single person who remembers what npcs etc came in afterwards so I can disable them. Also been fooling with the free trial client and it only installs main ffxi no expansions then installed zilart into it.

Sooo. My question is anyone know the following?
  • Which npcs were there with just Zilart
  • Which weapons weapons, items ,etc (or where to go to find out)
I have a few suggestions that might help you locate that info. It might not be there for you to find though. You can look at the webarchivedversions of ffxi related sites from around the time of the North American release, since that included Zilart but the rest didn't exist yet. You can also try browsing the edit history of wiki pages. And SE's own update announcements around the time of each expansions release might help.
  • How to block zoning points on certain areas. i.e make it so users can not access cop areas etc
  • How the ah pricing was back then
For zones the zonelines are stored in an SQL table, easy to find. Can likely just nuke zone lines you don't want crossed.

AH pricing, well I don't think anywhere has data from that long ago accessible. Not sure even ffxiah.com devs have data from that far back.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

skelax

Post by skelax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 pm

great idea off to achive.org/web I guess
For zones the zonelines are stored in an SQL table, easy to find. Can likely just nuke zone lines you don't want crossed.
:twisted: Remove Jeuno and Mogs mwahahaha or would that be too mean lol

If anyone is interested in doing this list of areas:
  • Original and Zilart Only areas Here

skelax

Post by skelax » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

Do any of you by chance know which dat file contains the main menu of ffxi was going to edit it

tagban

Post by tagban » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Use polutils, it has them organized. :)

skelax

Post by skelax » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm

thanks