Update server

Alexandre24

Update server

Post by Alexandre24 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know exactly how you do it to update the server and they are the changes to be made to keep up to date. (Fix bug, etc). Thank you very much!

rstonemetz

Re: Update server

Post by rstonemetz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 pm

I actually found it somewhere on here at one point. But the way I end up having to do it is like this.

Right click the darkstar folder ->Turtlegit -> Stash save
Once done right click -> turtlegit -> pull.

Once it's done, keep the window open to find what sql tables changed and relink them using navicat.

Only problem I have is if/when the chars table gets changed. I don't know enough about codign yet to figure it all out on my own. Tried to manual add the old data back into the table (All other Character account tables i had no issues) but Chars table refused everything i put in. So i end up manually Adjusting all the other tables to match new character ID's it's pain, but motivates me to learn easier ways to do it.

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:13 pm

it's a start but its not explain all

rstonemetz

Post by rstonemetz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Lets see if i can explain it better.

using the folder you have the Darkstar files in. for instance on my desktop is a folder called FFXI Private server, Inside that folder is a Darkstar folder,

-right click on it, find the option turtlegit. Several options should pop up, I believe at the top is pull and somewhere in the middle is stash.

-You have to stash save it first, Mine won't complete the pull without doing the stash first it always errors out. Once you do the stash a window will pop up when it is done it should say it was completed then close it if not you either didn't stash first or like me you had issues with git connecting which is another problem.

-Right click on that folder again and under turtlegit Select pull, The same window will pop back up this time showing its reaching out to pull the info from git. It will basically list all the things that got updated.

-If anything on that list reads .sql (like nm_spawn_points.sql) you will need to go back into Navicat or something and relink those tables. From there recheck your map/Logon server stuff if they were updated and redo the server prgrams using VS13. I run into problems with the Character tables, I have a very long work around but there are otherways to do it. Sadly my experiences doing coding is next to nothing and i am learning as i go.

I have noticed that the set-up instructions when i did my server did not really go into detail regarding git. if you run into an error message that reads something like, "Unable to..." or "Tell me who you are" then you are having issues with git not logging in. Sadly I spent a while doing google searched before i figured that part out and i would need to be at home looking to try to walk you thru that issue. it involves actually opening git and creating an account. from then on you should have that problem.

Again I'm probably not the best person to talk to when deaing with things like this, But i am more than willing to help out where and what little i can.

rstonemetz

Post by rstonemetz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Went back and looked this was the original post that pointed me in the right direction. Maybe this will help more than my explaination.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1827&hilit=Updating+server