Balanced server settings for solo

RenO

Balanced server settings for solo

Post by RenO » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:40 am

Hello everybody.
I am new to this project and i would like to thank all the developers, testers or forumers for their great work.

I would to know how i could configure my server to have balanced settings for a solo and casual adventure.

I know where i can modify those settings (i am a developer) and i have read the wiki but i don't really know which value to chose.
I have already played vanilla ffxi (with zilart) so i know some concepts, but i am a newb.

For instance, what exp rate should i set? I have put x3 atm.

I have also modified the healing so that i recover 1/4 of the player max hp per tick.

Thx for your help.

atom0s
Developer

Re: Balanced server settings for solo

Post by atom0s » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:33 pm

There is no real set 'solo' settings that we have / know. It's more of your own choice to setup what values you feel are appropriate for you.

Keep some things in mind when you are making the choices for each setting though, such as:
- Experience rate : How fast do you want yourself to level? Do you want it to take a while still, or do you want to rush to the level cap?
- Recovery rate: Do you want the server to feel more 'easy-mode' or do you want it to feel retail like and realistic waiting for health recovery.
- Skillup rate: Again, how fast do you want to earn something? Do you want it to take a long time, or do you want it right away.

Other values like starting gil, having all maps / outpost warps, and so on are really up to you too. Do you want to have easy money to buy things from vendors without having to farm it? Do you want 80 slots automatically in your inventory without earning it? Do you want all maps and outpost warps without having to go get them yourself?

It's really up to how you want to play solo.

If you want easy mode solo:
START_GIL = 999999999;
START_INVENTORY = 80;
ALL_MAPS = 1;
UNLOCK_OUTPOST_WARPS = 1;
GIL_RATE = 100.0;
EXP_RATE = 5.0;
SAN_FAME = 5.0;
BAS_FAME = 5.0;
WIN_FAME = 5.0;
NORG_FAME = 5.0;
JEUNO_FAME = 5.0;
CURE_POWER = 2.0;
SPELL_POWER = 2.0;
BLUE_POWER = 2.0;
DRAIN_POWER = 2.0;
ITEM_POWER = 2.0;
WEAPON_SKILL_POWER = 3.0;
WEAPON_SKILL_POINTS = 10.0;

Other specific settings can be adjusted as needed too. This would make the server fairly easy mode for pretty much everything.

RenO

Re: Balanced server settings for solo

Post by RenO » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Thank you, il will do some tests :)