Certain Settings not taking effect

Desufire

Re: Certain Settings not taking effect

Post by Desufire » Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 am

Trying to figure that out. I have MP cost corrections too from a retail update in February. I keep messing something up on github though because it keeps wanting to send a request for all of my commits, which I used for a server backup. I don't want to flood them with useless requests lol.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu May 07, 2015 11:48 am

Desufire wrote:Trying to figure that out. I have MP cost corrections too from a retail update in February. I keep messing something up on github though because it keeps wanting to send a request for all of my commits, which I used for a server backup. I don't want to flood them with useless requests lol.
All your commits shouldn't be in the same branch as the one you are trying to pull request from. Make a new branch, start that branch as a fully 100% unchanged copy of the latest DarkStar, then commit the changes you want to pull request into that.

Just for those who don't know this already:
If you've been commiting changes to the master branch of your fork...Any new branch on github's website (or their craptacular app - please don't use that) will start as a duplicate of your master branch, not DSP's. So any changes to your master branch will be in any new branches when made via github.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu May 07, 2015 3:27 pm

teotwawki wrote:
Desufire wrote:Trying to figure that out. I have MP cost corrections too from a retail update in February. I keep messing something up on github though because it keeps wanting to send a request for all of my commits, which I used for a server backup. I don't want to flood them with useless requests lol.
All your commits shouldn't be in the same branch as the one you are trying to pull request from. Make a new branch, start that branch as a fully 100% unchanged copy of the latest DarkStar, then commit the changes you want to pull request into that.

If you've been commiting changes to the master branch of your fork...Any new branch on github's website (or their craptacular app - please don't use that) will start as a duplicate of your master branch, not DSP's. So any changes to your master branch will be in any new branches when made via github.
Thanks Teo, I'll figure it out. Just wish it let you pick and choose commits instead of having to jump through hoops and doing it a specific way lol. I'm still going through the sql anyways. Lot of mobs to check out.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu May 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Desufire wrote:
teotwawki wrote:

Thanks Teo, I'll figure it out. Just wish it let you pick and choose commits instead of having to jump through hoops and doing it a specific way lol. I'm still going through the sql anyways. Lot of mobs to check out.
"picking specific commits" doesn't really work in the context of git, which is why you can't do it. you can make a branch off our master and use cherry-pick to reapply the diff to your new branch, though