New server on my home network

wadski

New server on my home network

Post by wadski » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Hey guys, Im setting up a new server on my home network and having some problems with other people trying to connect.

First, I can connect using the -hairpin to my internal ip address.

If i update the server's ip to my external ip address, noone can connect and i cant either.

I opened all the TCP ports and UDP ports that are needed. I cant seem to figure this out at all. It's a windows 7 pro pc.

Can post screenshots if needed.

Thanks,

Wadski

MasterGwuryn

Re: New server on my home network

Post by MasterGwuryn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:15 pm

was this ever solved as i also am having trouble getting my working over local network at home between 2-3 pc's server too be available or even get booted up with the public IP so other friends can use it

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:42 pm

wadski wrote:Hey guys, Im setting up a new server on my home network and having some problems with other people trying to connect.

First, I can connect using the -hairpin to my internal ip address.

If i update the server's ip to my external ip address, noone can connect and i cant either.

I opened all the TCP ports and UDP ports that are needed. I cant seem to figure this out at all. It's a windows 7 pro pc.

Can post screenshots if needed.

Thanks,

Wadski
If you use --hairpin and you can connect then that's good. You probably won't be able to connect to your external IP from inside your network. That is what the --hairpin option is for.

If your friends who are connecting from their home can't connect to your external IP, then there is something wrong with your firewall configuration.

Also, make sure you have your external IP in the zone_settings database table column, not an internal or the default 127.0.0.1
-- Whasf

MasterGwuryn

Post by MasterGwuryn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:49 am

where is the --hairpin applied please?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:53 pm

MasterGwuryn wrote:where is the --hairpin applied please?
the command line of the loader
-- Whasf