How to Make the server 24/7?

wyll001

Re: How to Make the server 24/7?

Post by wyll001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:37 pm

kjLotus wrote:
wyll001 wrote:since they can only me ran from a Windows based host with C++ lib
you can run it on linux

i'd just run it on a pc in your house like most of us do, it's really not going to make a difference if you don't turn your pc off anyways. and if you do, you can just build a shitty linux box out of old pc parts like I did for it
WAIT WHAT!! I can run in a Linux? That makes A WHOOOOLE difference, In that case, I think I'll pass trough that trouble of redoing the hard way, it gonna worth it all way to the very end.
Ain't it great how we meet each other on this wild and crazy carousel of life? I was really feeling all pressured by the peers and the media, and some people really need to let it go, let it out and take a deep breath.... deep breath...
You got me, I can't see takeba without start sing Lotus Juice

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:59 am

I wrote:A hosted solution will cost more than your electric bill would rise from leaving a cheap PC on. If you have reasons you can't do that, and are familiar with linux you can get cheap linux based vps slices but they will screw you on ram every time.
cough cough. :)

Excitable lil fella ain't ya Mr. squirrel? (Don't worry my Avatar has already eaten today, you are safe!)
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

wyll001

Post by wyll001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:31 am

teotwawki wrote:
he wrote:A hosted solution will cost more than your electric bill would rise from leaving a cheap PC on. If you have reasons you can't do that, and are familiar with linux you can get cheap linux based vps slices but they will screw you on ram every time.

Excitable lil fella ain't ya Mr. squirrel? (Don't worry my Avatar has already eaten today, you are safe!)
Since such option is now available, i can handle myself here on, just gotta look the wiki right?
and please, my name is Willian Reddith Gonron Hanami, call me Wyll G. and some close friends call me Red, or maybe AKARISU
anyways, I find enough evidence to finish this case, Game Over Adachi

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:44 am

teotwawki wrote:
I wrote:A hosted solution will cost more than your electric bill would rise from leaving a cheap PC on. If you have reasons you can't do that, and are familiar with linux you can get cheap linux based vps slices but they will screw you on ram every time.

:roll: I guess people have forgotten the first round we had when he joined the forums...
Excitable does not even start to describe it :?