Server creation problem

PitifulJester

Server creation problem

Post by PitifulJester » Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi there,

So I'm attempting to make a server for a senior project, following this guide: https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php?title= ... ource_Code

I have so far gotten to the Navicat portion. It seems that everything is going fine, although, in the tables list, the blacklist is not showing and when I attempt to execute "trigger", it comes up with an error. I proceeded to open the design table, and in the triggers tab, there is nothing there. As the instructions say, open the Accounts table, and add a new trigger, make fires column before, and to check the Delete column. In the definitions box, I add these queries:
DELETE FROM `accounts_banned` WHERE `accid` = OLD.id;
DELETE FROM `chars` WHERE `accid` = OLD.id;

When I hit save, it says 1054 Unknown column 'id' in 'OLD'.
Do I have the right Account table? What am I missing? I have:
account_ip_record
accounts_parties
accounts_sessions

Thanks for your time guys

demolish
Developer

Re: Server creation problem

Post by demolish » Tue May 17, 2016 9:53 am

means it can't find the 'id' field in the table
open up the table and have a look at the field names
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

PitifulJester

Post by PitifulJester » Tue May 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks. Got that sorted out. I was actually able to start the servers via local host. The game started up and I got the FFXI - 3101 error. If I try to connect using the external IP or even local IP it doesn't even get to the login screen for Windower. Any idea why that is? I tried to figure it out and now the game server doesn't even start. Even though I haven't changed anything in the tables I've completely deleted all the tables and re-entered them with no luck still. It feels like I've gotten so close but I'm moving backwards now.
Last edited by PitifulJester on Tue May 17, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitifulJester

Post by PitifulJester » Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm

If it helps, in NaviCat I have 95 tables. I've changed the server config files to use my password that I set, and I have changed the value of the zoneip to my external IP, 96.255.95.124. To fix the game server not initializing, what should I do? Go back into Visual Studio? I'm at a loss of what to do haha been working on this nonstop all night. If I try to press retry to debug the gameserver failing, it just crashes. Is there a way to see what exactly is going on? I checked the log for the map_server and this is what I see:

[17/May] [14:42:03][1;37m[Info][0m Console Silent Setting: 0[1;32m[Status][0m Memory manager initialised: [1;37mlog/DSP.leaks[0m
[1;37m[Info][0m DarkStar - Git Revision Hash: [1;37mUnknown[0m.
[1;32m[Status][0m do_init: begin server initialization...
[17/May] [14:47:02][1;37m[Info][0m Console Silent Setting: 0

It stops at that point.

In the Visual Studio, I selected the game server and started a new instance in an attempt to debug it, this is what it came up with:

Unhandled exception at 0x755ADAE8 in DSGame-server.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::out_of_range at memory location 0x0018CD24. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

PitifulJester

Post by PitifulJester » Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Went on ahead and created a new thread since I felt like this wasn't in the right area:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3049&p=16779#p16779

Anyways, I fixed the exception error and I was able to login to my game using localhost on the zoneip and in the launcher settings.