How to increase Pet damage, HP etc?

bdk

How to increase Pet damage, HP etc?

Post by bdk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 am

Looks like some ppl have figured out how to increase pet (SMN, BST, Wyvern etc...) damage, HP or stats but haven't shared this with the community. Can anyone point me in the right direction in particular for SMN? Summon.lua in globals only affects Physical BPs not their normal melee attacks and I can't find where to increase their HP.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: How to increase Pet damage, HP etc?

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:44 pm

they get their stats loaded just like a mob - they've got a mob family and pool associated with them. if you check one of the pets table, it'll have a link to a pool in mob_pools (I forget the table and the column name currently, sorry), and you can increase their stats in there

bdk

Post by bdk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 am

kjLotus wrote:they get their stats loaded just like a mob - they've got a mob family and pool associated with them. if you check one of the pets table, it'll have a link to a pool in mob_pools (I forget the table and the column name currently, sorry), and you can increase their stats in there
Thanks KJ! Helpful as always!

I looked in pet_list.sql and found Pet_Fenrir, whose PoolID is "4581". In mob_pools.sql I find Pet_Fenrir with the same PoolID but there is no HP/MP/Stats columns. I then looked in mob_groups.sql and it has GroupID and PoolID columns. There is a "4581 in the GroupID column but not in the PoolID column, so I assume this is not the correct table to be looking at.

I also tried mob_family_system.sql but this table has no PoolID column and although I did find an entry "Pet-Fenrir", I assume that's not it as it should be an underscore.

I'm not good with SQL, I assume perhaps there's a JOIN operation of 2 or more tables and PoolID is what the JOIN would be based on?

bdk

Post by bdk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 am

Thought I hit the Jackpot when I found this... but it made do difference modifying mob_family_system.

void LoadPetList()
136 {
137 FreePetList();

139 const int8* Query =
140 "SELECT\
141 pet_list.name,\
142 modelid,\
143 minLevel,\
144 maxLevel,\
145 time,\
146 mobsize,\
147 systemid,\
148 mob_pools.familyid,\
149 mob_pools.mJob,\
150 pet_list.element,\
151 (mob_family_system.HP / 100),\
152 (mob_family_system.MP / 100),\
153 mob_family_system.speed,\
154 mob_family_system.STR,\
155 mob_family_system.DEX,\
156 mob_family_system.VIT,\
157 mob_family_system.AGI,\
158 mob_family_system.INT,\
159 mob_family_system.MND,\
160 mob_family_system.CHR,\
161 mob_family_system.DEF,\
162 mob_family_system.ATT,\
163 mob_family_system.ACC, \
164 mob_family_system.EVA, \
165 hasSpellScript, spellList, \
166 Slash, Pierce, H2H, Impact, \
167 Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Water, Light, Dark, \
168 cmbDelay, name_prefix, mob_pools.skill_list_id \
169 FROM pet_list, mob_pools, mob_family_system \
170 WHERE pet_list.poolid = mob_pools.poolid AND mob_pools.familyid = mob_family_system.familyid";

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:51 pm

if you want a fast way to percent adjust pet stuff and can't figure out the way the tables work, its trivial to add a multiplier in petutils.cpp

diff types of pets might not all be on one spot, but its easy to copy the same type of change for the mob stats settings to each spot pet stats are done in.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS