Not all zones are accessible

Brierre

Not all zones are accessible

Post by Brierre » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:56 pm

I have just set up a server for test purposes and have it working for myself and others to connect. However, several of the zones are R0 crashing everything. I thought maybe it was CoP related, but one of the zones is Meriphataud Mountains. Any ideas how to get all of the zones working?

I'm new to all of this, so bear with me while I learn.

Let me also add that all of the zones have the same IP address setting, and many do work correctly, and I have set the expansions to enabled in the global settings.lua.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Not all zones are accessible

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:20 pm

sounds like you're on a revision where bst mobs were crashing

just update and rebuild

Brierre

Post by Brierre » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:46 am

Hmm, do i need to pull previous updates? Or should i just be able to install whats on the build the server page and update with the July patch? I did the latter.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:32 am

git pull and then redo the steps in visual studio

Brierre

Post by Brierre » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Ok, I backed up the old darkstar folder (because I didn't want to lose the edits I had tested, and all the setup information) and then tried the git clone step forward, repopulating the db with navicat. I wound up with a shit ton of errors and warnings when I got to/tried the VS steps, so I got nervous and deleted and just put the original one (with the crashing zones) back in place (and it worked same as before). The characters I had created were all gone (no big deal, recreating those is easy) but what else would I have had to back up before starting besides the entire darkstar folder to preserve character tables?

I'm going to have to enlist a tutor for the rest of this, I think.

Brierre

Post by Brierre » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for the pro-tips, between that and another little trick, I got everything up and running!