New client loader for test server

Rur0uni

Re: New client loader for test server

Post by Rur0uni » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Is there any setting like the windower modes in the mxI loader? I can get Ashita to draw the correct window size, but it won't stop cutting off the bottom of what should be displayed. I can't see anything I'm typing, and the text in the chat log is running up past its boundaries (overlapping the clock and part of the minimap).

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Rur0uni wrote:Is there any setting like the windower modes in the mxI loader? I can get Ashita to draw the correct window size, but it won't stop cutting off the bottom of what should be displayed. I can't see anything I'm typing, and the text in the chat log is running up past its boundaries (overlapping the clock and part of the minimap).
Currently the easiest way to fix this is to start Ashita without the window border then use the Move extension to turn the border back on using:
/move border

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Is there a guide on how to use the new Ashita loader. I'm assuming that new one takes into account all the recent changes to the game.

I tried the old ashita and it gives a message about pointers being off or something but the game still loads.

It's just all the add on's don't function correctly.

I wonder if somebody more knowledgeable could add an Ashita section to the "Configuring Your Client" section of the DarkStar Project Wiki.

http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php? ... our_Client

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah, Ashita changes rapidly right now, so you really need to keep up with recent versions (which are distributed via svn). Atom0s has a loader that can keep it updated for you but at the moment any extensions that are not part of the svn will have to be updated by hand.

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I can't seem to find a link to download the latest version of ashita on the FFEVO website.

I searched around on the site and all I see are a bunch of extensions.

I'm currently using the ashita client linked in the OP.

edit. nvm

I think I'll just roll back to my old version of files until the new version is more stable. Version 4 is a mess for me heh.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 am

Instructions for getting the latest Ashita version are here: http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2841-ashita-update-svn/

You may instead prefer to use atom0s' loader (which can update for you) here: http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2918-ashita-launcher-beta/

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 am

Here's a full instructional page of how to install Ashita:
http://www.ffevo.net/wiki/index.php/Installing_Ashita

As blue pointed out, you can find my newer beta launcher here:
http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2918-ashita-launcher-beta/

The new beta launcher has an updater built into it so you can download all files as well as keep them updated without installing or using an actual SVN client.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm

i finally changed to ashita

daaaaaamn, why didn't anyone mention it had borderless fullscreen?

(i haven't even crashed yet, so it's already better than mxi)

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Going to add that there's an IRC plugin at ffevo.com for Ashita, written by none other than bluekirby0.

For some reason my config file got overwritten the first time, but with a little effort, it makes it easy to chat in IRC while you play, regardless of what server you play on.

I figure I'll use that for the next "hey, there's a typo in this rev" report :)

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:16 am

The beta launcher was updated again today to fix a minor issue with language ids. For those still new to Ashita or haven't checked it out here are some helpful links: We're working on some new updates to the Ashita core soon as well. So stay tuned for another update soon.
Last edited by atom0s on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.