Backing up the client for re-install?

Rebenger

Backing up the client for re-install?

Post by Rebenger » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 am

Is it possible to copy and backup the entire PlayOnline/SquareEnix folder for re-installing of windows or moving to another system?

Cause having to go through many hours of installing and downloading just to do it again when you want to use the game on a second system or re-install windows is a pain.

Ayame

Re: Backing up the client for re-install?

Post by Ayame » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 am

Yes it possible, all you have to do is back up playonline folder under "C:/Program (x86)/Playonline" for x64bit OS or just "C:/Program/Playonline" for 32bit OS. This way you can cut down the whole process in 45 min depending on your computer spec and internet connection.
So first install the whole game again including all the expansion pack once thats done go into C:/Program(x86) or just C:/Program and delete playonline folder the reason is all you really need is the registry entree and this well be a lot faster than just doing a replace file cause its going to ask you if you want to replace all the files and bla bla, after that copy the back up playonline folder to C:/Program (x86) or just C:/Program Once thats done
use the patch here http://anonym.to/?http://kile.dyndns.in ... ePatch.zip and Extract its contents to your PlayOnline/Squareenix/Final Fantasy XI directory. Make sure that the
step below are done before you do a check file on Final Fantasy XI.

Step 1 At the Add Member page enter anything you like for the Member Name.

Step 2 Enter ABCD1234 for the PlayOnline ID

Step 3 Select Register, Yes, OK.

If everything is good do a check file on Final Fantasy XI, after checking its going to find problem and its going to ask you if you want to repair those files click Yes and your Done! :D

If you want to make a new character remember to do this Copy the data folder at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\data to the Final Fantasy XI directory at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI thats if you havent done this when you backup your playonline folder.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 am

Keep in mind the file check may still take some time with this method but it should not take more than about 30 minutes unless something really bad happens :P

Rebenger

Post by Rebenger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 am

Cheers for the response I alreaddy have the patch etc on the client so shouldn't be much of a issue I guess in redoing that area.

Got on the official server here last night and was good I found once I got my ps2 gamepad working.

You definitely need a gamepad for this game its unplayable without one I found.

As soon as I put it on I was playing naturally using commands and menu bars I never knew about even moving etc was soo natural.

Really bad port they did with the mouse/keyboard controls.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 am

Oh, if you are playing on retail then no additional patching is needed :P

Rebenger

Post by Rebenger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:44 am

bluekirby0 wrote:Oh, if you are playing on retail then no additional patching is needed :P
Playing on the official dark star project server :)

Name is Miroshi if you see me on at times.