Linux / MacOSX - FFXI-Boot how to

OmegaPhil

Re: Linux / MacOSX - FFXI-Boot how to

Post by OmegaPhil » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:59 am

I run xiloader in '.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer', don't know if this is mandatory. just specifying '--server' will be enough to get a connection going (and when you connect you are asked to create a server account, which is separate from any in game characters) - the only problem I had recently with connecting was literally the server being down.

The xiloader link posted by cloudef is probably the only working loader on WINE currently, I use it regularly.

fencer

Post by fencer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks, managed to get the server connected :D but how to change the resolution using Xiloader?

OmegaPhil

Post by OmegaPhil » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:06 am

You don't, you use the normal FFXI configuration program that comes with the game, installed in the menu structure at WINE -> Programs -> PlayOnline -> FINAL FANTASY XI -> FINAL FANTASY XI Config. When you set it high here, you can also configure the output aspect ratio when you connect to a server and get the main menu screen of the game, the config option there.

Cloudef

Post by Cloudef » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:54 am

OmegaPhil wrote:The xiloader link posted by cloudef is probably the only working loader on WINE currently, I use it regularly.
https://github.com/Cloudef/xiloader-wine I pushed the code to github, if this is indeed the case.

lautan
Developer

Post by lautan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Weird I can't get this to work. I'm using wine 1.7.51 with virtual desktop enabled.

I connect to the server and see this in my debug log but the screen is blank and then shortly after the virtual desktop closes.

[09/17/15 00:46:02] Connected to server!
[09/17/15 00:46:03] Sending account id..

I'm using playonlinux. Any ideas?

Edit: I changed the ffxi registers 01-04 to the same resolution as my monitor. That fixed the blank screen problem.

Now I get.

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000014 at address 0x7e40bef9 (thread 0037)
Think I'll downgrade wine until it works.

Edit 2: Downgraded to 1.3.37, didn't install any packages but I did install the imm32.dll.so. I logged in but search and other player models don't appear. Still playing with it.

demolish
Developer

Post by demolish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 am

iirc there were some issues with older integrated intel gpus and ffxi character models (try a different driver)
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

lautan
Developer

Post by lautan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:50 pm

I think it was the update that came out last night. I ended up updating to a ffxi version that changed models.

EDIT: It was because of the FFXI update. Just tested wine version 1.4.1 and it works just fine without an need to download packages. I recommend using playonlinux to install this specific version. Newer version of wine will NOT work because I get some "16-bit version no longer supported" error.

Cloudef

Post by Cloudef » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:59 pm

http://cloudef.pw/armpit/0001-Fix-FFXI.patch You need this patch for newer wine's

lautan
Developer

Post by lautan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Someone should put a version of wine with that patch on playonlinux so we can easily install it.

OmnislashToo

Post by OmnislashToo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm

has anyone here gotten this to work on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) via Wine/PlayOnMac?

i can run retail (latest client) just fine, but i can't get FFXI (30150910_3) up and running with a private server. i've followed FFXI/Wine client setup guides (all are pre-10.11) to the letter with no success. i'm a win/osx/linux sysadmin... so the fact that i can't figure this out is driving me nuts. LOL.

also... is xiloader supposed to launch the game itself after authenticating (like POL does)? i can see the authentication process succeed in both the xiloader screen and in my debug logs, followed by the text "sending account information" then "closing". a (black) window then briefly spawns, and closes a second or two later.

thanks for any input. =]