Game Doesn't Launch

Tarupron

Game Doesn't Launch

Post by Tarupron » Sat May 10, 2014 5:11 pm

So I've been trying to get this set up, and I make my account on my designated server, however every time I try to launch it logs me in, and the launcher closes and then FFXI never pops up.

I read in the "Problems?" thread that there are files that need to be put into the FFXI folder, but I can't find anywhere that says exactly which files. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to launch using the Ashita beta launcher.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Game Doesn't Launch

Post by kjLotus » Sat May 10, 2014 5:26 pm

update ashita, update FFXI, run as admin

the files you are looking for are https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Config ... r_updating

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Sat May 10, 2014 5:55 pm

nvm, I just checked my XI files again and there are in the range of 9k problem files. What's the most recent update?

Edit: HAH, I figured the most recent updates on the site were at the top of the list. Stupid me for not scrolling further down. Neeevermind.

goldfish

Post by goldfish » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm having this same exact problem on one of my pcs, except that my pol and ffxi are both up to date. Files are checked, ashita is up to date and ran as administrator. PC is running windows 8.1 64 bit. All required MSVC redist installed.

This issue does not happen on my older laptop, running vista 32 bit.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

bacardi

Post by bacardi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 am

You have to run the Ashita/whatever launcher you're using as admin, that will fix it. I had the same issues with 8.1.... Right click and choose "Run as administrator"

goldfish

Post by goldfish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 am

Ashita was running as admin. However, I did manage to fix it.

I don't know what went wrong before since the pol file check always came up clean. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled, and repatched, and now everything is running smoothly.