Client Version / Expansions important?

musicalprogrammer

Client Version / Expansions important?

Post by musicalprogrammer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 am

As much as I love the final fantasy series as a whole, I've never touched 11 as I avoid the MMO arena for various reasons. I stumbled upon Dark Star a few days ago and am very intrigued with the idea of setting up my own personal server and playing through at least the storyline missions that are available (tweaking XP settings to avoid too much grind, if necessary).

My question is about what client version/expansions I need to make this work. The Wiki doesn't mention the latest expansion (Seekers) at all, so I want to confirm that I can still purchase the Ultimate Collection Seekers edition currently available for download on the SE site at the promo price of $9.99, or if I need to buy a collection that doesn't include Seekers (i.e. the previous Collection that only includes expansions Zilart, Chains, Treasures and Wings).

Thanks in advance!

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Client Version / Expansions important?

Post by kjLotus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:37 am

you need to have installed the expansions you plan on doing

if you don't install seekers, you can't go to seekers zones, if you don't install abyssea, you can't go to abyssea zones. those are the only limitations, any version will work (since you have to patch it anyways) as long as you only plan on going to the zones in the expansions you have installed

musicalprogrammer

Re: Client Version / Expansions important?

Post by musicalprogrammer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 am

Perfect, thanks for the quick response!