Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Ayame

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Post by Ayame » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 am

So after some further testing from trying different driver to changing bios on my graphic card I found out why my 780 gtx keep on having random crashes saying “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”. If your having this problem it has to do with the latest Darkstar pol. Using mxi or any old client launcher fix the issue for me. you can also use Ashita2 to load the pol if you wan't to duel box. only problem is in the game you can't search it says search failed this include the auction house, but at least the game doesn't crash anymore and by the way the problem only happen when playing ffxi.
I can play other games like bf3 bf4 ect... for hours with no problem. My video card idle at 30c and 67c on full load, my i7 4790k never goes pass 55c so I know overheating is not the problem. I'm on the latest ffxi client ver.30150130_0, Geforce Graphic Driver 347.52 playing on the OldSchool Server, ohh and I always logon with 2 character on the same computer so I'm not sure if the issue exist with just single character logon. So far the game been running for 12 hours with no crash i'll keep this thread updated if any crash occur.

loging out after 12 hours gives no error it take me back to charater selection menu and can close the game normaly unlike the new pol that comes with ashita2 it would take a while for the error to come on when logging out and have to force the game to close.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Post by kjLotus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 pm

it's probably something specific to your system (i have a 780ti and run ffxi for weeks straight)

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:06 pm

As kj said, sounds related to your setup / card / drivers. The pol I wrote for Darkstar does nothing with your video card. It launches FFXi just as the original one did, nothing there is changed. So if your system is having issues with crashing and such, it definitely sounds like your card is having issues or its drivers are. Especially if the driver is what is saying it has stopped working and recovered.

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:01 am

it could be but I found this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1870 and it works great for me I had the game running the whole day doing alt tab with no display driver crashes or pol and also the search works including the auction house so I'm happy :D
Last edited by Ayame on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:15 am

that's the same as the one that comes with ashita

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:35 am

no its not kjlotus when you download it says xiloader the one that comes with ashita2 says pol its not the same! just kidding ;) but if it's the same then I'm back to square one but I guess the good news is it's not crashing and I haven't change any hardware or software only thing I change was pointing ashita2 to xloader which I rename to pol.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:59 am

They are exactly the same, I wrote it and I also wrote Ashita v2. I ship it with Ashita v2 renamed as pol.exe so people don't need to manually do it.

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 am

I know you did atom0s and I appreciate what your doing for this community :) and everyone else who's been putting there time on this project. My problem no longer exist so thank you guys for your swift response!