Steam FFXI

Aki

Steam FFXI

Post by Aki » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 am

Okay so i need help im using steam version abyssea collection and i do need help i got this working once whit windows 10 and it worked fine but now im using 8.1 and its not giving in what i do. So if anyone would be nice PM me and lets chat and guide me trough skype or something. maybe im just missing out few steps or something.

rstonemetz

Re: Steam FFXI

Post by rstonemetz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:29 pm

I have the Steam version as well, but the Steam Version wouldn't even let me play retail, This is after checking files (in steam) deleteing and redownloading. It had something to do with Steam not Updating POL properly. Don't know if they fixed it yet but this was about a month ago and it took me a few days just to get that part figured out.

a work around that i found. Don't know the rules about posting outside links on these forums, But if you go to the Play Online website => Downloads => Windows

this will take you to a page with 4 links at the top each will end with the below names.

1) FFXISETUP.exe
2) FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001
3) FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002
4) FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003

Download all three links into a folder (On the .exe i had issues because my PC wasn't downloading it as a .exe. I had to do save as and change the name to FFXISETUP.exe for it to work) Once you have all 4 files downloaded run the .exe and it will install FFXI with all of the Addon's as well.

Then use you ID and Password (or CD keys from STEAM depending on how far you are in the account creation)

This may not be the best fix to your problem but it was the only thing that would work for me.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:42 pm

rstonemetz wrote:I have the Steam version as well, but the Steam Version wouldn't even let me play retail, This is after checking files (in steam) deleteing and redownloading. It had something to do with Steam not Updating POL properly
most likely it was on your end - i've always installed with steam (and did so again last week) and it's always worked without having to do anything special

rstonemetz

Post by rstonemetz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:55 am

well you are a lot smarter than me on these things and if you say it might have been on my end I won't argue. But I wasn't the only one that had this problem. I may not know coding but I do know how to research and find fixes to my problems. In this case I wasn't the only one that had this issue. Matter of fact first place I go with issues involving steam games are their forums. Some one somewhere always has the same issue I have and 99% of the time someone else has a solution. In this particular case there were several blogs about it and no one could figure it out. I could find people all over the web having the same issue with the steam version and only the steam version again no one could figure out the why. Best guess I was given by both steam support and SE was that the steam client wasn't pushing the updates thru.

After numerous attempts to try and force an update and tweaking features off as well as AV and firewalls. Router permissions and tweaks I ended up having to uninstall and use those links for a full install. For what ever reason that was the only fix we could find. Like I said it might not be the best of options but it was the only thing I could find to fix mine and several others issues.