Xiloader source question

buddysievers

Xiloader source question

Post by buddysievers » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

hey again, so no one answered my post how to force language which was removed in retail.
somewhere in the code of xiloader must be the bits or the string which tells the client which language it should boot or im wrong?

buddysievers

Re: Xiloader source question

Post by buddysievers » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Ok i guess its impossible now to play in my native language... :(
I have found old copys of mxi and ffxi-boot, both work fine even with the newest stable branch.
But no matter which number i choose for the language the client starts in english.
PolUtils couldnt help me as well so if no one here knows a way then i should live with that.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:41 pm

I think you're out of luck, no one has spent time on that to get it working. Sorry.
-- Whasf

buddysievers

Post by buddysievers » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 am

its ok even im sad about its not possible even on darkstar servers. :cry:

buddysievers

Post by buddysievers » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:50 am

quick update: i tried to modify the xiloader source by changing the integer which decides which language boots up.
there was a check if the language integer is higher then 2 it would be set to 2 which i also removed.
well it doesnt matter if i use 2,3 or 4 (english, french, german) it will allways boot up as english.
that means for 99% (im no programmer so dont blame me if i did something wrong) its the client which force us to boot up in english...
i mean all language files are still there, since ffxi client was even in 2002 really bad programmed i dont believe they "removed" them.
so there must be somewhere in the client a new method which does the same as the lines did in xiloader, maybe different but it does the same thing, setting the language to english if there are paramters which tell the client to use german or french.
like im said im no programmer and have only basic knowledge of this things but i bet there is a way to force the client to still boot up in german or french.
maybe not with xiloader arguments or such but with an memory hack (sorry i have no idea how i should call that xD) like cheat engine or such tools does.
we just need to find the value in the memory and change that before the client is fully started.
so if anyone here have an idea on how i could jailbreak ffxi from that langauge restricion would be awsome to hear even its just a think of!

edit: anyone out there who knows a tool which can see the dialouge in the dat files?