problem thread?

sprinkle

problem thread?

Post by sprinkle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

so im playing on oldskool , where should i post things wrong?

like today ive found

sheep and rabbits drop beastmen seals
orca dont drop gil , cant seem to get orcish axe to drop
some ding bats have 5x the hp they should
conquest points delete on death
food does not activate

id be more then happy to report stuff i just would like to know where

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: problem thread?

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Bugs get reported to http://bugs.dspt.info

Please specify which server you are playing on when you find a bug since you aren't playing on the official test server. Sometimes they get updated at different times so bugs may already be fixed in one that aren't in another.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:40 pm

HOld off on reporting stuff on the old-school server until this upcoming Sunday, i'll be able to update it then (and with a lot more frequency starting then too)
-- Whasf

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 pm

ok i can dig it , i wonder if you can do what worndown did on azuresky and make it so players can sell unlimited things on the auction house and leave them up forever? im the type that will make tons of low level armor / weapons and stock the AH for good prices

with that type of system one player can be impactful on an economy since most dont synth and all i really want to do is synth

npc stocking auction houses basically makes the game pointless : )

wolvesaber

Post by wolvesaber » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 am

question about the auction house.. on AS ah they didn't have anything under lvl 7.. was wonderin why is all..

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:15 pm

few things to add since you said you are rolling the server this week

worndown rolled the server to darkstar and mobs had about 4x the hp they should , to compensate he buffed player dps by about 3x , i was against this but it made solo easy
the decision is yours , but at this time monsters are far too hard , as a 16 war i went into dagruff wadi to kill some rabits which on alla are 11-13 and i had to run away like a girl

a few more things

zeruhn mines has not enough mining points
if you can fix guild merchants , i am bottlenecked with crafting and i cant craft , if i cant craft i cant play , no play = find another game , and i really want to play here , even if i start out alone
synthing appears great , skillups fine , success rate etc
beastmanseals drop 3x as much as they should
crystals drop half as much as they should
Sheepskins drop much less then they should
Beastmen drop no gil
Mobs drop crystals regardless if they give exp or not
they also count toward field manuals even if not worthwhile ( no exp )
sheep leather gives no skill , as does roasted corn ( just like on worndowns server )
field manuals work ( thank god for that ) it said they were disabled and i tried , they work fine so do buffs and repatriation , id consider leaving them in greatly , because without them exp is so bad i dont really see
anyone playing here.

I completed rank 1 sandoria and it worked fine , orcish axe was what i would call rare , but im no wuss.

no problems so far leveling , im 17 war and ive farmed up alot of stuff for crafting , also ive not seen another person login yet

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not making any of the changes that worn made to his. The point of the old-school server is to be closer to retail than the official test server. If you feel the monsters are too hard then please provide us information (wiki links, hard numbers, etc) in a post in the Bugs forum.

What points are missing from Zehrun mines? Provide us coordinates and they can be added.

Guild merchants need core & packet work, we don't have the packet decoded correctly for purchases

I guess i'll leave the FoV books in, i originally took them out but an update put them back in and I forgot to re-take them out.

I can't make people play on the server. The official test server has way more people, but it's up to you where you want to play.
-- Whasf

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am

the mining points are fine , what i mean is like 3 can be up at any one time , and as you tab around the mine once you mine a point it pops somewhere else

i noticed there was only one or two total and ran around for an hour looking for it

pickaxes and hatchets break super super easy too

also i understand the server needs work and i am in fact patient , however i must synth my own equipment , and without tin , i cant begin smithing at all , its a total bottleneck

and if the server had a little exposure and was linked in some forums , people would come , server is very stable and i love it , its just hard : )

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:42 pm

i have realized i can obtain bronze ingots by de synthing weapons from shops and am going to try to do it like that till you can help with tin

however i have been unable to get a lightning crystal to drop , i am getting fire crystals from armored goblins in ronfarue

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 pm

i have tried several zones , armored goblins appear to be dropping fire crystals not lightning

seems like this server working against me very hard : )