Nasomi Legacy FFXI server

Euda

Re: Nasomi Legacy FFXI server

Post by Euda » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:55 am

Looks good!
Era Private Server, the best private server I have ever played on ~~ http://ffera.com/ ~~

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Since the starlight celebration was aimed at lower levels, I've put in a scavenger hunt for an npc that sells hte elemental staves.

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am

You can follow us on twitter now @ http://twitter.com/nasomi for server updates, news, announcements, and contests!

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:46 am

We're growing quickly! 55 players online over the weekend, a new high for us.

We're now on facebook at http://facebook.com/nasomi

Technyze

Post by Technyze » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 am

This server seems great! :) Wish the server had all expansion except RoZ disabled until it got more popular but eh w/e :P

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm

I highly recommend playing on the darkstar oldschool server instead, after 1 day on this server I can tell you it has unbelieveably big issues

mouse does not work properly, vendors / npcs do not work, mobs go through the floor / wall / warp on top of you and agro / hate does not work

oldschool is lightyears ahead, try both and see for yourself.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 pm

sprinkle wrote:I highly recommend playing on the darkstar oldschool server instead, after 1 day on this server I can tell you it has unbelieveably big issues

mouse does not work properly, vendors / npcs do not work, mobs go through the floor / wall / warp on top of you and agro / hate does not work

oldschool is lightyears ahead, try both and see for yourself.
Before you derail someones thread, perhaps you should understand the DSP project in whole.

1. DSP has nothing to do with your mouse. It is not the servers fault your mouse is not working.
2. Vendors / NPCs that "dont work" will be a global thing unless the server has custom edits to those npc's. All DSP servers share the same [stock] scripts.
3. Mobs walk through walls/floors/warp on ALL DSP servers. There is no navigation mapping done on any server.
4. Aggro/hate is half-assed on every DSP server. This is not unique to nasomi's server.

The DSP old-school server uses the raw stock DSP core code. With 1 edit to lower levels of certain mobs. It is the same exact code that Nasomi's server uses.

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:00 pm

/sigh... I'm not sure how you figured all that out after earning a total of 239 experience points, as a level 1 white mage with all other jobs untouched.

atom0s is absolutely right. Both servers use identical cores which controls mob movement and hate, and the same core npc's. The aftermarket content that oldschool and we have has zero bearing on hte issues you mentioned, so it would be found on both, and pretty much all servers that use the same core.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Locking Thread. To discuss this server, please visit his forums and post there.
We provide a place to announce new servers as a courtesy, the purpose of these forums are for the darkstar server itself.

Thanks,
-- Whasf