[Offline] Resolute Public Server

evenmonkeys

Re: Resolute Public Server

Post by evenmonkeys » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Oh hey.. I should probably restart the server, huh? -_- Sorry, it's been a long day. Server's rebooted and up again.

Irako

Post by Irako » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Yup, you're good to go now. Successfully logged in.

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Thank you very much for your persistence! Now to get everything else up to date.

Thanks!

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey evenmonkeys, I noticed you have a pre-install of Ashita listed as one of your downloads here:
http://resolute.sarpixel.com/downloads.php

If you don't mind, can you please alter your download to just download this instead:
http://update.ffevo.net/ashita/50/Ashita.exe

You can attach this file to your site or zip it up too. This is the latest updater which has the features to update itself as well as all the install files for Ashita to help ensure your users get the latest files. :)

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Done and done. Probably not a bad idea since you guys change it all the time. Appreciate the look-over. :)

P.S. That is an awesome, awesome launcher. Very nice. The work you guys are doing is most appreciated.

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Just a few updates. Resolute had some issues with our internet provider and we're trying to work through them. In the process, they changed our IP address and we were not aware. On top of that, they want an insane amount of money for a static IP so not happening for now.. We're still trying to figure things out, but everything appears to be online again. The communication between our game server and website has been cut as we believe that to be the primary issue.

Anyways.. we're going again. My apologies for the issues.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 am

Have you tried getting a free ddns? There are many available, and you could just use the ddns name.

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:26 pm

I think the main problem we were having was the amount of data going back and forth between the server and website. Not necessarily the size of the packet information.. but the amount of packets. I have no idea. The only time I ever have issues is when the server and website are both up. I've taken down all communication between the game server and the website and I haven't had a single issue at all. The website pings the game server a lot.. so I think I'll have to find a new option.

Either way, it's all up and working great now.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:01 am

evenmonkeys wrote:I think the main problem we were having was the amount of data going back and forth between the server and website. Not necessarily the size of the packet information.. but the amount of packets. I have no idea. The only time I ever have issues is when the server and website are both up. I've taken down all communication between the game server and the website and I haven't had a single issue at all. The website pings the game server a lot.. so I think I'll have to find a new option.

Either way, it's all up and working great now.
Glad I could help ya solve that :) If you need some assistance with data caching to help limit the data flow between the server and site I can help you with that.

evenmonkeys

Post by evenmonkeys » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Anyone who tried creating an account on our forum in the last couple of weeks likely had an error occur and never got their confirmation issue. This has been resolved and is now working again. Any account made before Oct 20th may have been deleted so feel free to create a new account if you'd like. Not every account was effected so just try logging in first. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We're also working on major updates to the game server and website communication right now to get our player database and achievement system back online. Hoping to have something going by tomorrow. We're not pushing this update though as the most important thing is our game server which has been running like a champ!

Thanks to the players who submitted error reports about our forum issue.