DaFunk FFXI Private server! Open to All!

cubia

Re: DaFunk FFXI Private server! Open to All!

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Btw, i didnt update my server since i've downloaded it like 1 or 2 weeks ago. How do you manually update it without losing characters data?

Signature

Post by Signature » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:45 pm

If you want to save and always back up your accounts/char tables.
How to backup table using Navicat: Right click on table, scroll down to "Dump SQL file", select location for backup files.
use your backed up file, when you "execute batch file".

Tables needed to be saved/backup/dump

Code: Select all

accounts
accounts_banned
auction_house
char_blacklist(optional, usually empty(check first))
char_effects(optional)
char_equip
char_exp
char_inventory
char_jobs
char_look
char_pet
char_pet_name(optional,, usually empty(check first))
char_points
char_profile
char_skills
char_stats
char_storage
char_vars
char_weapon_skill_points
chars
delivery_box
linkshells
updating the source code does not affect your MySQL tables. the only way your sql tables are effected is if YOU inject data into them, or execute new batch files or run sql queries. Some of the latest updates require additional data to sql tables so make sure you go through the whole commit and manually add any sql data you need.

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:09 pm

I've backed up every folder written above. However, i have to use git program in order to update my server? Not really sure as to how to update it.

And what if i added some scripts ? Like, i've been trying to make WOTG Mission 2 working some i had to script some NPC to trigger cutscenes etc. If i do update my server, will my work be lost ?

Shadowmh

Post by Shadowmh » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:40 pm

You use TortoiseGit to update your server from the official build.
And you can use Stash Save to keep all your files that you have modified.
GitSync > Stash Save > Pull > Stash Pop.
And you don't need to back up the character files through Navicat as in most cases they are not touched. When they are touched is when you would export your .sql through Navicat.
Any .sql files that are modified you will have to do another Batch for, but only for the ones that were modified.

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks ! I will check this out today and try to use Stash Save (never used it before).

Not sure if i have to update my server since i do not know if anything has been added to the DB.

Will check it out.

Shadowmh

Post by Shadowmh » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:52 pm

The DB has been updated, and it is daily.
And you can check the log to see what was added, modified or deleted. If a .sql was modified or added then you'll need to Execute Batch File for the one's that were modified or added.
If .cpp files were modified then you need to rebuild your server.
If .lua files are modified, added, or deleted then you don't need to do anything.

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Might sound stupid but... where can i see what has been updated/modified etc ? I am kinda idiot and never know where to look at haha !

Shadowmh

Post by Shadowmh » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm

When you right click on "darkstar" folder then you go down to Git Sync. Once you pull it will show you a log of what has changed. There will be a tab called "Log" This will show you everything that has changed. If you want more information on what has changed then you can click on the "Show Log" button for each commit.

R3P0

Post by R3P0 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:27 am

You guys should really check this server out Sig does a bang up job as an admin busting his butt making sure everything works. He has a special Shinryu battle which drops ilvl 119 gear, he has augments working, he has a very good quest to get relic 99-4 weapons, and now opened abyssea last night for everyone.

Rioko

Post by Rioko » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 am

I would like to, never knew about these servers like that. But ive been waiting on an activation key for a while, keep resending but nothing :/