The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for all]

wyll001

Re: The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for

Post by wyll001 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:30 am

a better name for the server would be Cantata Mortis because like Feral Chaos is nearly impossible to beat.
the name "The Garden of Eden" make it sounds like orange-pie bushes, healing springs and apples

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 pm

wyll001 wrote:a better name for the server would be Cantata Mortis because like Feral Chaos is nearly impossible to beat.
the name "The Garden of Eden" make it sounds like orange-pie bushes, healing springs and apples
:roll: You know the name is up to the person creating the server, right? I name mine "Mine", because I run it locally for myself. If you don't want to play on a server like that, then don't play on it. Coming in and randomly commenting like this on things that have nothing to do with you just seems a bit obnoxious and trollish.

P.S. You really should change your signature. Not sure what this forum has to do with animal cruelty, and the size of it is just...too much...

wyll001

Post by wyll001 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Delaide wrote:
wyll001 wrote:a better name for the server would be Cantata Mortis because like Feral Chaos is nearly impossible to beat.
:roll: You know the name is up to the person creating the server, right? I name mine "Mine", because I run it locally for myself. If you don't want to play on a server like that, then don't play on it. Coming in and randomly commenting like this on things that have nothing to do with you just seems a bit obnoxious and trollish.

P.S. You really should change your signature. Not sure what this forum has to do with animal cruelty, and the size of it is just...too much...
he asked for a feedback, so i did, is not like i'm asking for he change that name, but "Cantata Moritis" sound much more HCore than "The Garden of Eden" if you ask me,
check it out if you like: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cant ... od_in_Fire

P.S. my signature is that way because: i HATE whoever hurts Animals, and i LOVE Animals so much that i would kill humans to protect them if i had to, so i tell that wherever i can (isn't that what signature is about?), so don't bully me because i sleep with a stuffed Squirrel and i won't bully zack because of his lego star wars collection.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:35 am

I think the name fits: Paradise for people who like harder FFXi and the permadeath typically seldom seen outside of roguelike games.

And honestly from what I've seen this isn't super extra hard - the penalty for sucking is simply greater.

Now if you'll all excuse me, my heartless random stranger animal hater self has to get back to dipping puppies into battery acid!

¯\(°-º)/¯

Seriously, that sig is huge.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

bacardi

Post by bacardi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 am

forgottenandlost wrote: Seriously, that sig is huge.
Sure is... lol

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 am

I appreciate the feedback on the name, I welcome all feedback on any aspect of the server :)

In terms of the name and inspiration, forgottenandlost got the jist of it. Most pservers are very much easy mode. x20 exp, x5 skillups, click an NPC and boom you have everything unlocked.

The Garden of Eden is, well, a home for the players of old ffxi who want a much more close to home experience, with a bit of an added spice of hardcore mode to really bring it in.

Furthermore, the name "Garden of Eden" is meant to sound casual and easygoing. It's a misnomer on purpose, a bit of a joke/parody, and kind of a metaphor for the game.

The game visually seems exactly the same as ffxi. Move speed is the same, everything works the same, yet their is the subtle workings under the hood that show the viper in the tree, the hidden tricks in the bush you aren't expected (augments, hardcore mode, tweaks, etc etc)

So it is the Garden of Eden. Which sounds like a nice place to visit, and it looks quite nice, but my oh my is it quite the opposite once you get deep into it :)

I am still looking for more suggestions from people on things to add to the server. I have 1 last bug Im trying to hammer out that is causing the server to crash before I move on to Alpha, and take away GM mode for everyone, reset server, and it starts running for realsies :D