The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for all]

LastStar

Re: The Garden of Eden --- Hardcore server with several mods

Post by LastStar » Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm

well after like 10 trys im in game now lving blm :)

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Thu May 15, 2014 12:30 am

Ok so... it just doesnt work most of the time, but works some times? >_>;

Im gonna contact my ISP, see if they can help me.

echoes

Post by echoes » Thu May 15, 2014 2:59 am

Doesnt work ever for me. Sounded like a cool server tho

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 am

Still no luck in my testing, if anyone knows what I can check through to figure out the root of the problem, I have all the time in the world to work on this, but I just can't figure it out.

Im tempted to try setting up Hamachi, its a network tunnelling program that lets us get around port forwarding bull.

Using a port checking website like http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Checked 54230, 54231, 54001. All open and the website is able to ping them and everything.

I am at a loss here. Sometimes they work but 95% of the time they don't.

And it doesnt make any sense at ALL to me that ONE program works fine but the other doesn't. What is going on here?

Edit: Messed with some more stuff on my router, poooooossssiiibbllly found what might be the source of the problem. If anyone tries to connect to my server tonight, post here if you get in or not.

Here's hoping this was the problem.

echoes

Post by echoes » Fri May 16, 2014 3:04 am

Downloading data, no entry. Can play on any other server just fine

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 am

my server is showing a couple people logged on as characters in to the game itself over past hour. How many times did you try on my server? Ive found when a new character is made you need to attempt log in 2-3 times, then you get on. Once you get on once the issue seems to fix itself.

Just tested again to see if still working and I was indeed able to log on via my public IP, so I am no longer having issues myself.

If anyone goes 0/3 on attempting to log on message here, most I ever went was 1/3 on a new character. And after first log in and obtaining all my stuff from the game on login the issue never happened again. It seems the server has what seems to be about a 50/50 chance at messing up when logging in a new character /shrug

But I just logged in/out 3 times on the server with perfect success so I think I solved the main issue, now it's the normal darkstar login issue that all servers have on a new character.

tagban

Post by tagban » Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 am

"Sex Panther - 60% of the time, it works every time!" ~Anchorman

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am

I have people logging on to the server again and staying on, so as far as I can tell everything is back and operational, with the new changes as well.

Everyone is welcome to come try out a more hardcore version of ffxi you all know and love.

Id recommend bringing a few friends, getting past level 20 solo is dangerous business, especially without any sources of sneak or invis. Better to start partying as early as level 10, even at level 5 its good to have a friend at your side.

Red mages are going to be in high demand for sneak/invis until people start levelling alchemy to make sneak oils and invis powders, so I think a lot of people will want to start off by levelling red mage early. Even as a sub job getting around without sneak/invis is dangerous business.

The challenge of even just getting to level 50 will be nigh impossible to surmount without people to help you. And genkais, meritting, AF quests... all almost impossible to solo without sneak, invis, and most of the NMs will take groups of 2-4 to take down.

And then once you get to 75 the real game starts, taking on boss fights, HNMs, dynamis, etc... all while keeping in mind that if you die you lose it all.

If enough people show an interest in this server, if I can get say, to maybe 100 characters over level 50, I'll start looking into getting a serious host for the server. I am fully aware of the fact that my own personal server hosted on my own internet is dangerous business when everyone has to deal with every hiccup in my internet/

But a dedicated server is very very expensive, so if people show enough interest in this server, its new rules, and it's system, to the point that the limitations of my connection actually become important.

Then I'd gladly host it on a real server, with a real dedicated line, with a real computer with some real power.

But for now I have I think 3 people playing overall on my server. I think we'll be needing more help if anyone wants to get anywhere on the server.

PM me if you know of any good ways to host my server to minimize lag and hiccups. I don't like the idea of people potentially dying and losing everything because my computer has issues.

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 am

A dedicated server can be had for quite cheap as long as your home internet is reliable. Check ebay for poweredge 1950's, they can be had for under $150, or under $100 if you catch the right deal.

tagban

Post by tagban » Wed May 21, 2014 4:38 pm

I use a VPS that is relatively cheap, but I use it so that I don't have to worry about downtime with my ISP, or slowing me down while I'm working. :)