The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for all]

derfelgadarn

Re: The Garden of Eden --- Hardcore server with several mods

Post by derfelgadarn » Wed May 28, 2014 12:12 pm

I cant even get to downloading data.
Ashita tells me it cant connect to server and subsiquently closes.
Is there a new IP or has the server closed?

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

I haven't been able to maintain the connection correctly, and I got maybe 1 player in the course of a single week.

I am slowly working towards setting up an online server so I don't need to manage it, but I just don't have it online at all right now because there really aren't any players trying to connect.

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:37 am

BIG AWESOME UPDATE

I am pleased to announce the successful set up of the Garden of Eden as an online server on a VPS, at 168.144.98.169

Server is up and running right now (but expect disconnects as I am working on the settings today, but by tomorrow it should all be set in stone)

I am now commencing the beta test phase of the server. I am implementing a script right now that gives all players GM status within the game to test anything they want out.

You can reply to the forum here about any questions you have or connection issues, but I am currently logged into the server now and playing so everything should be okay!

Version Update

Only a small update this time. Items you obtain won't roll augments (and thus, won't become Rare Ex) if you set your player status to "away"

This serves as a method to farm gear/items for the purpose of selling on the AH, and also craft gear for the purpose of selling.

I have to test it but I think there MAY be an issue where if you zone with an unaugmented piece of gear (probably obtained by being set to "away") it will roll augments on zoning.

This is because zoning out clears your inventory, and then zoning in loads all the items into your inventory, so it will then augment the item.

For now, maintain your away status when zoning to avoid rolling augments.

On the plus side, if this works the way I expect, if you accidently are away status and obtain a piece of gear without rolls, I think you can just take off away status, zone, and the game will roll your stats.

Testing needed thoroughly on this before we can leave beta phase, as I don't want this to fuck over players outside of beta phase :)

Thats all for now, please come join the fun!

masterurat

Re: The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for

Post by masterurat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:30 am

No but seriously, I see people logging on and messing around and my server is crashing every now and then.

If you do something and the server crashes, I urge you to come on here and post what happened ASAP

I really need to know what it was that crashed my server so I can patch it / look into it.

LastStar

Post by LastStar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 am

hi XD i enterd sandy dyna and attackd 1st mob and i crashd was on blm and aoe'd the 3 mobs that popd

Darkgod

Post by Darkgod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:38 am

i cant log in ;/

Darkgod

Post by Darkgod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 pm

i think it crashed lol

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:47 pm

YEs it crashes occasionally, people need to report what they were doing when it crashed so I can figure out what is causing it.

There seems to be some kind of issue related to combat and zoning augmented armor that I can't pinpoint.

Edit: A lot of these issues seem to do with having 4 augments on the armor, as only level 70+ gear is causing the crash.

For the time being I am cutting back down to 3 augments on armor at level 70. In the future if I can solve this crash problem Ill have level 75 gear roll 4 augments.

Until then

1-14 = nothing
15-40 = 1 augment
41-69 = 2 augment
70+ = 3 augment.

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 pm

New update, minor addition.

Ninja has a new 2 hour, since Mjin Gakure is basically useless on a Hardcore server.

New 2 hour is a modified Futae.

Futae
Level 1
Recast: 2 hours
Duration: 30 secs

Elemental ninjutsu's consume double the amount of tools.
Elemental Ninjutsu damage is doubled.
All ninjutsu have nearly instant cast and recast.
30 secs is just enough time to do a full rotation of the elemental wheel for crazy damage, as the previous jutsu increases damage even further for close to triple damage, x8 in 30 seconds.

Tried it out, was able to take down some pretty powerful monsters in the 30 seconds. Put shadows up, do a wheel and reapply shadows before the effect wears.

I'd like people to mess around with the ninja's new 2 hour and let me know if you feel it is unbalanced.

Nest planned adjustment: Legendary weapons, when you obtain a non R/E weapon, you have a 5% chance that instead of normal augments it will be "named" (on the Signature of the item)

Examples: Frostheart, or maybe SpidersBane or whatever.

Legendary weapons have much higher rolls on their stats than usual, particularly +5.

What do you guys think of that idea? And if you like it, would you like it to also apply to non R/E armor?

(To note in the future I intend to tweak it so a large amount of the R/E gear, especially stuff that drops from HNMs, rolls better than usual stats, and sometimes stats that don't normally show up on rolls, as well as rolls significantly higher than usual)

But for now this is the basic idea.

Darkgod

Post by Darkgod » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:39 pm

its down ;/