Any Interest?

Magiknight

Any Interest?

Post by Magiknight » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm thinking about purchasing a cheap laptop to start a server I've always been interested in. But before I do that I wanted to see if there is any interest in these forums. Most of the servers seems to be easy mode servers, with the exception of the old school server and naomis servers. Unfortunately those two servers have content past COP. That's where my server would be different. Using the DSP server control app this server would exclude content past COP, including field manuals, jobs, skills, no level sync, etc. To make it feasible we would need around 14 people who play semi regularly for dunes parties and to get stuff on the AH.

Since the population is so low on most of the servers I might put stuff at the AH, give out gold, or lower prices at shops.

If anyone is interested post on here or send me a PM. If no one's interested I will have to look elsewhere. :\

Magiknight

Re: Any Interest?

Post by Magiknight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 am

Maybe I'll just make it for myself :P
COP was the most epic period of FFXI (and maybe only a degenerate would want to relive it).

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:52 am

lol, sorry, I like my DNC and BLU too much. So, need ToAU

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:47 am

DNC is wotg.

The server control app doesn't have anything to do with content past cop, it's a few lines in settings.lua:

Code: Select all

-- Enable Extension (1= yes 0= no)
ENABLE_COP     = 1;
ENABLE_TOAU    = 1;
ENABLE_WOTG    = 0;
ENABLE_ACP     = 0;
ENABLE_AMK     = 0;
ENABLE_ASA     = 0;
ENABLE_ABYSSEA = 0;
ENABLE_SOA     = 0;

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 am

Exactly, so TOAU for BLU, WOTG for DNC.

soulsin

Post by soulsin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:56 am

I have seen some made their own server and get burn out no one play with. I would say join a server and if you know some coding that helps. Like our server that I am on we working on code fixing things. We have all jobs working beside Run, Geo doesn't work. So its a lot work for one person and do wish you luck at making server if just for yourself.
Last edited by soulsin on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[GM] Soulsin

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:56 am

I'm sorry but you missed the entire point of my post......I don't want a server with Geo or Run.
soulsin wrote:I have seen some made their own server and get burn out no one play with. I would say join a server and if you know some coding that helps. Like our server that I am on we working on code fixing things. We have all jobs working beside Run, Geo. So its a lot work for one person and do wish you luck at making server if just for yourself.

soulsin

Post by soulsin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:10 am

I didn't miss your post, I was just state that you wouldn't have worry bout playing cause they are not working, as other 20 is.
[GM] Soulsin

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:04 pm

I don't what what this means.
soulsin wrote:I didn't miss your post, I was just state that you wouldn't have worry bout playing cause they are not working, as other 20 is.