To all users out there who read this

kernel

To all users out there who read this

Post by kernel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 pm

I know there are a dozen or more private servers out there. The big question is, after testing out all these servers... What do you expect in a private server or what are your expectations in what you're looking for? I've seen hard servers that require grinding, like retail, easy servers, and servers that require you to spend years and years of getting the items you had in retail. This is more of a questionnaire and poll. I strongly believe that many people who go to private servers have been playing retail for so many years and believe they need a fair and easy chance earning opportunities and chances they were not granted in retail. If you weren't a GM or server owner, what would you like to have easy and a fair access too? I'm open to honest opinions and statements. You have to realize server owners and GM's can get anything they want and they're not included on here. I want to hear what normal users are looking for in a private server. Thanks!

Kernel

bdk

Re: To all users out there who read this

Post by bdk » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:16 pm

kernel wrote:You have to realize server owners and GM's can get anything they want and they're not included on here.
Kernel
Damn good point you make here! I commend you!

Servers where GMs expect players to work hard and earn their equipment, skills, rank etc... are extremely hypocritical as they just give themselves w/e they want/need but everyone else should earn it and stop complaining.

I played retail for 4 years up until WOTG. I've also played on many many private servers (so I'm sick of repeating the same missions and quests) and whilst there are a few that I like, there's always something that I don't like about each server. Briefly:

Tagban's BNET server: great server, custom shop for Relic Armor,Limbus, Salvage, Neo Nyzul, but not much works past lv75 and ZM/CoP

Boom's Dafunk server: another good server but impossible to get good RA/EX gear as he wants players to really earn these items. Heavily favours BLM job. Hard to do on limited game time (1hr or less a day)

Nightbrood's Altana server: I really enjoyed this one, I stopped for a while as they were still fixing ZM and CoP missions (only started these becasue I wanted Suppa and Rajas, would rather an easier method to get these) but then they reverted from lv99 to 75, though apparently it's back to lv90 now...

My ideal server would be Legion Dark's server but with most or all content solo-able. Auto Rank 10 and at least ZM and CoP marked complete. Free or buyable DM earrings and CoP rings. Everything on AH 1gil (much faster when gearing up a new job). Shop for RA/EX pop items for Sky, Sea, Ground Kings etc...

I just want to be able to login, kill a few NMS and maybe get a nice drop or two in the short game time I have available.

kernel

Post by kernel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:34 pm

That's perfect and I appreciate your opinion on feedback! I was always curious on players expectations and what they want in a private server. I'm from Bnet / Tag's server and want to hear what other people have to say because even asking people on our server, they don't want to spend the same time they spent on retail. I know a lot of servers out there that try to emulate retail and make it seem like they're power hungry or then again tooooo easy. We want everyone to have a fair and easy chance leveling fast and gaining items they couldn't on retail but I hear other users say they like the retail / grind in getting to where they were once before. I just thought many users who join private servers don't want to go through the same process in spending months / years in the same process. That's kinda why we make bnet fair to everyone in having cool @commands for those who want to enjoy the game like they never could before. I've spent 9 years playing retail and understand that people who join don't want to go through that same process again. I think we all do lol. I was just curious in general what users think who play the dozens of servers out there. Any opinion listed in great feedback for all of us. It'll make developers understand their audience as a whole. I'm a user experience developer and have this natural nack for user testing lol. Thanks!

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 pm

I've been trying to find a private server with content only through COP for years. Nothing past COP. Don't think it's going to happen.

bdk

Post by bdk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am

Magiknight wrote:I've been trying to find a private server with content only through COP for years. Nothing past COP. Don't think it's going to happen.
Try Tagban's BNET.CC server. It's got very little past CoP working except out-of-box which from memory is only ToAU Mission 2, not much grind, except missions. You don't need to go to ToAU areas if you don't want to. Sky, Sea, Limbus should keep you busy :P I also did the 3 KSNM99's for Black Belt items and they all worked fine.

There are others if you want 75 cap instead of 99 cap. I've tried a few, so can probably recommend some 75 cap servers for you if that's what you're after?

EDIT: actually, I don't think Limbus is working, hence why they have a custom shop for limbus gear.

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:04 am

Maybe I'm wrong but that doesn't sound like a server for me. There are a few servers with 75 cap. I don't want any of the ToAU areas or jobs. DNC drives me crazy. Has WoW written all over it. No ToAU abilities either. No quest books or battle books or whatever they are called. No level sync. No ToAU missions. The dialogue drove me insane.

So if that server has none of that, let me know and I'll play. Otherwise, I'm getting tired of saying this over and over.
bdk wrote:
Magiknight wrote:I've been trying to find a private server with content only through COP for years. Nothing past COP. Don't think it's going to happen.
Try Tagban's BNET.CC server. It's got very little past CoP working except out-of-box which from memory is only ToAU Mission 2, not much grind, except missions. You don't need to go to ToAU areas if you don't want to. Sky, Sea, Limbus should keep you busy :P I also did the 3 KSNM99's for Black Belt items and they all worked fine.

There are others if you want 75 cap instead of 99 cap. I've tried a few, so can probably recommend some 75 cap servers for you if that's what you're after?

EDIT: actually, I don't think Limbus is working, hence why they have a custom shop for limbus gear.

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:15 am

No I am not after a 75 cap server. If I was after a 75 cap server I would have asked for a 75 cap server or simply visited the public server sections of these forums. My post didn't ask for that.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 am

Honestly, that is the beauty of DSP, you can make your own server to your tastes and preferences, and then let others join it. If they want to join, they will seek you out. If they don't, they won't. Honestly, throwing out a question of "would anyone join me" isn't the way to go. Just do it. If it fails, then it fails, and nothing lost. You aren't paying for the server code, only your electricity and internet bill. You can cancel any time. Think of it as the ultimate market test. Little costs, and you see how others react.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:34 am

bdk wrote:EDIT: actually, I don't think Limbus is working, hence why they have a custom shop for limbus gear.
Huh? Last time I did it, limbus was working. Not perfectly, but it was working. I have -1 stuff up to my ears...

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 am

Delaide wrote:Honestly, that is the beauty of DSP, you can make your own server to your tastes and preferences, and then let others join it. If they want to join, they will seek you out. If they don't, they won't. Honestly, throwing out a question of "would anyone join me" isn't the way to go. Just do it. If it fails, then it fails, and nothing lost. You aren't paying for the server code, only your electricity and internet bill. You can cancel any time. Think of it as the ultimate market test. Little costs, and you see how others react.
haha yeah that's a good point! That's why I see a lot of other posts from users asking if people would join if they create a server. Everyone has their preference in joining either an easy, normal or hard server and that's what makes DSP great because you get a variety of all :)