To all users out there who read this

Loki

Re: To all users out there who read this

Post by Loki » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm looking for a server that's as close as possible to how the retail game was up through Rise of the Zilart.

tagban

Post by tagban » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:11 pm

As far as close to RETAIL, "Old School" is the closest, but it does have other expansions. Do you have to play them? Nope. But they're there, and that one has the standard EXP and leveling.

xblackenx

Post by xblackenx » Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 pm

My points in a server that I like

-Server must allow progression hate servers that give you everything it is like not what do I do.
-Where you can solo a little but not everything as that would be pointless
- Keep missions capped yes it can be annoying when you need people to help but I loved having a challenge as you progress in the story.
- Server without all the countless bullshit time sinks of traveling that existed in retail back in the beginning I swear before OP warps existed I did more traveling to parties then parties.
- A server with level sync
- A server that would need to do parties a little more old school for leveling. Kind of not a fan of running around killing easy prey for book I like getting exp chains.
- Pays tribute to the old HNM of ffxi past. Either being 75 capped server or 99 cap but buffing those old school HNMs as well has vamping up the gear from them.
- A AH that doesn't have everything for 100 gil but some sort of econemy of sorts but not as strict s retail since no server will have the pop to support it.

For me Legion seems to be this which is why I finally installed the game once again to give the server a try. It doesn't have everything on my list but 90% of my selfish demands seem to be met so. I'm happy =)

Falisa

Post by Falisa » Sun May 03, 2015 12:43 pm

What I was hoping for is a healthy population server that's as close to retail as it can possibly be with the expansion content either up to the end of CoP or ToAU. I would honestly pay to play an official version of that if SE ever put it out (but that would never happen). Really don't want to play on a server abusing the fact its a private server and it makes me a bit sad seeing the private server population split up between so many different ones, but I guess a lot of people play this for different reasons. :)

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Personally, I play two servers. My own solo server, and currently been playing on legion.

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 am

Magiknight wrote:Maybe I'm wrong but that doesn't sound like a server for me. There are a few servers with 75 cap. I don't want any of the ToAU areas or jobs. DNC drives me crazy. Has WoW written all over it. No ToAU abilities either. No quest books or battle books or whatever they are called. No level sync. No ToAU missions. The dialogue drove me insane.
Just curious, you realize DNC is a WOTG job right? Not ToAU? ToAU jobs are BLU, PUP, COR.