Abyssea Server

ex0r

Abyssea Server

Post by ex0r » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Abyssea Server is back online, and will be here for a while. DSP has come a long ways since it was last launched, and I believe it's far enough along now to make a server that can stay up and running. Please access the website below to create your account, and also to log into the game.

At this time, the forums are not available, but will be shortly to post questions or concerns. For the time being, please post on these forums and I will address them as soon as I can.

The server can be accessed at the following address:

abyssea.kicks-ass.org

We also have a web-based account interface which can be accessed at the following url:

http://46.4.145.234

as well as community forums (which may not be available when you visit the site) located at:

http://abyssea.kicks-ass.org/forums/

Please feel free to join us and help this community grow!
Last edited by ex0r on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ex0r

Re: Abyssea Server

Post by ex0r » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Been working on the server the last few days, got quite a few quests in and working. Also been working on the web-interface and forums, so anybody who is playing on the server, please check out the web-interface and also be sure to register on the forums and introduce yourself.

It is getting quite populated now, and I hope to see it grow rather large over the next couple of weeks. I currently have two developers looking at the source right now in an attempt to help develop new features and fix broken ones along side of me working on the quests and website.

If you find any bugs, please be sure to post them on our bug tracker so that we can be made aware of them!

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy your adventures on Abyssea Server.

riolara

Post by riolara » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 am

i got a problem with it why is the charaters walking sooooooo slow

Rocketship27

Post by Rocketship27 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 am

I am just curious why you have the forms setup so that no one can make any posts?

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 am

riolara wrote:i got a problem with it why is the charaters walking sooooooo slow
I have the default walk speed set to 40, which I believe is retail speed. If it's not, i'll adjust it a bit more.

As for the forums, they should all be fixed so that anybody who is registered on the forums can post. There were some permissions problems at first that made it so that registered users couldn't post, but it should be fixed now.

Rocketship27

Post by Rocketship27 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 am

The run speed is correct

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:55 pm

It appears a malfunction happened today when trying to update the server's core version. All of the database date has been lost, including accounts and characters :( I am working diligently to try restoring from a backup that I have, but I fear that it may not be recoverable. For safety, please re-register using the website or ffxi-boot, and just to be safe, visit the forums for the server and send me a pm on the forums with your character info and I will restore it manually.

I am sorry about the inconvenience, and things have been placed to prevent this from happening again.

As a sign of my apologies, I am offering for a limited time this special promotion. One character on your account set to max level job of your choice, with level appropriate gear, and every character will start with 1000 gil.

Rocketship27

Post by Rocketship27 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 am

While it sucks I lost everything, your special promotion more than makes up for it. Thank you for compensating for the loss, that's very upstanding of you.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you for understanding. I have put measures in place to make sure this doesn't happen again, and will make every attempt I can to right the wrongs that were done during this mishap.

Eliseus

Post by Eliseus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 am

Sorry for somewhat of a necro but does this happen to still be around? The links bring me no where but I do know you are around ex0r. Kinda want to screw around with some lvl 99 stuff haha.