Modembug.com

Modembug

Modembug.com

Post by Modembug » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi guys!

I currently run a small Minecraft server called Modembug. I figured I would give FFXI a go since I loved playing this game back when it was new still. :D

Please keep in mind that I am still figuring out the ins and outs of all of this stuff...

You can connect to our server by pointing your Dark Star launcher (ffxi-boot seems to work the best for me) to ff.modembug.com

If you have any difficulties feel free to jump on the webchat at http://www.modembug.com or shoot an email to mc@modembug.com!

I will do my best to answer all questions and resolve all issues as they arise!

IP ADDRESS
ff.modembug.com

Additional Information
email: mc@modembug.com
IRC: irc.modembug.com Channel: ##
Experience: 2x
Speed: Retail
Auction House: Fully Stocked

90% of the server is in a stock retail state at the moment. We are currently evaluating the various configuration options to determine the best settings for an enjoyable experience.

Server Information

The Login, Map, and Search servers all run on a 8 core Windows 2008 R2 server backed by a 28 drive Fibre San. The MySQL data resides in a datacenter where it is nice and safe with high availability! (After I compile Dark Star for my linux server in the datacenter it will be used as a backup in case the main server becomes unavailable!) :)

Please feel free to comment it up if you have any questions or comments! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Modembug.com

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm

You will need to resolve the DNS name to an IP address before connecting if you want search/AH to work.

You can also feel free to add this to the wiki if you have not already :)

Modembug

Re: Modembug.com

Post by Modembug » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks kirby, I did discover this after some browsing around (search issue). I will add this to the wiki as well :)