Darkstar Old-School server

Haightred

Re: Darkstar Old-School server

Post by Haightred » Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 am

hi, New to the DarkStar community, just got everything set up. using ashita for My launcher, how do I set it up to work with DarkStar?

Drace

Post by Drace » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

server down?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 pm

-- Whasf

neosporin

Post by neosporin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Can't wait to get back into the old school!

Also, if anyone wants to start out with me, I'll be on as Walden. Looks like the only one without a subjob ;)

Shadowform

Post by Shadowform » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:39 am

Total noob here,how exactly do i connect to one of these servers?I have the actual game and paid accounts so i don't want to mess up anything there.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 am

follow the guide on the wiki, it doesn't mess with your retail install so they can coexist

Evo

Post by Evo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm

So I'm trying to connect to the server (using Ashita) and whenever I enter my username and password it says I logged in successfully but then I get a error about polcore and the command prompt shuts down.

I directed my Boot File to use the bootmod (pol.exe) in my Ashita Folder. Was I not supposed to do that?

xipies

Post by xipies » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Evo wrote:So I'm trying to connect to the server (using Ashita) and whenever I enter my username and password it says I logged in successfully but then I get a error about polcore and the command prompt shuts down.

I directed my Boot File to use the bootmod (pol.exe) in my Ashita Folder. Was I not supposed to do that?
Updated client? You can check FFXI client version in POL in the check files screen.
Updated Ashita? Last updated Jun 26.
Run as administrator?
Running anti-virus that does not like injection?

vickycat

Post by vickycat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:16 am

Server address: oldschool.dspt.info

Hey everyone, come give our server a try. We're small but super friendly and helpful.
FOV books are enabled to compensate for a smaller server. Multibox as many as you like.

Some cool stuff about DS Oldschool:

Our server doesn't have any mods, custom content, or easy workarounds. We aim for as close to a pure retail experience as possible.
One shell, no competition, no cliques. We have always worked together here.
Its one of the oldest servers out there and has never been wiped!
All items and gear on the server have been made and farmed by players with no stocked AH ever!
All jobs are welcome! If you want to bring BST to everything then do it. We've always made it work. Play what you want.
If you need help with any mission, BCNM, or just need TH just ask. You will gladly get help.
No points or lotting systems. Even if it's your first Fafnir you're free to lot that Ridill (if you can use it!)
No player GMs, no abuse. Our only GM is the head of the entire project, Mr. Whasf!

To get a linkpearl /tell Queenvicky, Ash, or Danascully. Or just about anyone with a subjob.

Server address: oldschool.dspt.info

vickycat

Post by vickycat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm

We've been seeing some growth recently, quite a few new players joining up and some oldies returning. It's a great time to come check us out!
Side note: Yes, TOAU and WOTG are enabled.