New Server

Magiknight

New Server

Post by Magiknight » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Would anyone be able to log onto my server to see if they are able to log on? Feedback concerning whether you are able to log on or not would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be leaving it up all day today and most of the night. The server is 75.111.25.207.

Flunklesnarkin

Re: New Server

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I was able to make an account and character on the server without any difficulty.

Fully classic run speed!!

Do you have the FoV books disabled?

CoP and Zilart only server would be interesting as I started the game with ToAU. Although the FoV books weren't added until some time after I started.

I'd be willing to give the hard mode server a shot once Zilart is fully complete.

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 am

I'm still trying to disable the field manuals. Hopefully the server will not go past COP. If anyone or anyone you know is interested please send them to the server. Ideally, anything from ToAU and past it will be removed, including areas, NPCs, items, weapons, armor, skills, jobs, etc. Ideally, there would be at least seven people on at a time who are of similar level and rank. That way they can do the missions and quests that demand parties. There might need to be 50 people online at a time for there to be groups of seven people (or was the max party size 6?).

The reason why I want a pre ToAU server is because it lacks the instances, easier gameplay, hybrid classes (other than RDM), and has a slower pace than anything past ToAU. It's just another time in the history of FFXI that I would like to revisit. I don't see the point in having so many servers on easy mode (increased exp, start with lots of gil, etc). That just separates people. If there was only one server on easy mode then that server might have enough people to do group content with, which seems to be the point of MMOs to me...

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:28 am

I'm still trying to disable the field manuals. Hopefully the server will not go past COP.
/global/scripts/settings.lua

99% certain that particular parameter actually works. If you haven't seen settings.lua before, large portions of it do nothing right now. :)

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm

This is really nice. I am looking through it right now and changing a few things.

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:50 pm

And FOV is disabled.....

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm

I am learning a lot about how to edit the server and still exploring the different files. I know what I would like the server to look like, a very specific time period of FFXI, but I'm not sure how to make it that way. Here is a list of things that I am trying to accomplish:

1. Make the max level 75. I believe the setting.lua file has that as the default value.
2. Get rid of all gear, spells, abilities, items, etc, that were added from ToAU onward. I can come up with a list of that. Say I go to scripts/globals/items and delete .lua files for items I don't want. Will that affect anything?
3. Get rid of and / or block access to all areas that were added after COP.
4. Get rid of NPCs added after COP.
5. Make it so that level sync does not work. Also, make it so that when you enter a COP area with a level cap that it unequips your armor and weapon that are above that level cap. In the current commercial release I believe it allows you to wear your level 75 gear in a level 30 area, but it does gimp the gear.
6. Find people who actually want to play this :)

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 pm

NPCs are disappearing as we speak. I strongly suspect items will be also.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 am

Magiknight wrote: 2. Get rid of all gear, spells, abilities, items, etc, that were added from ToAU onward. I can come up with a list of that. Say I go to scripts/globals/items and delete .lua files for items I don't want. Will that affect anything?
sql tables
Magiknight wrote: 3. Get rid of and / or block access to all areas that were added after COP.
setting for that i think, not sure where though
Magiknight wrote: 4. Get rid of NPCs added after COP.
sql tables
Magiknight wrote: 5. Make it so that level sync does not work. Also, make it so that when you enter a COP area with a level cap that it unequips your armor and weapon that are above that level cap. In the current commercial release I believe it allows you to wear your level 75 gear in a level 30 area, but it does gimp the gear.
commenting something out in the core (not sure where)

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 am

Thank You kjLotus and PrBlahBlahtson!