COP Server (kind of) is UP

Magiknight

COP Server (kind of) is UP

Post by Magiknight » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 am

A server with content only through COP is now going to be up indefinitely. The goal of the server is to try to recreate the FFXI world that existed prior to WoW and modern technology that influenced it. The game's pace, group dynamics, immersion, difficulty, and focus all changed with ToAU and everything released after it. This server is a recreation of a moment in time when FFXI was probably most rigid and severe. Basically it is on hard mode. To that end lots had to be, and needs to be, changed.

I have attempted to edit out as many things as I can that have been added since ToAU was released. This includes jobs, armor, abilities, traits, zones, spells, and NPCs. There is still a LOT of material that needs to be taken out, such as all the weapons, synthesis recipes, and other items, but I can not find an efficient way to do it. Some things have been edited, such as the recast time of the ability reward.

I am trying to recreate the feeling prior to ToAU. Since the server will have a lower population I have made it so that your battle skills and craft skills increase faster. Also, you run slightly faster. Shop prices have been reduced. Gil rate was increased.

I am still trying to figure out how to reintroduce monster trains, remove the mog locker, and remove the rest of the items introduced since ToAU.
Feel free to send me any information about what needs to be removed or send me suggestions.

Thank you Dark Star Team for making this possible.
The IP address is 75.111.1.58

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: COP Server (kind of) is UP

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 am

If you can make your adjustments in a way that they can be turned on/off with some configuration, we can add them to the svn (which will reduce the burden of maintenance on your end).