Game server won't accept more than one player?

Scriptic

Re: Game server won't accept more than one player?

Post by Scriptic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Do you mean the Query IP? Or should i be looking somewhere else? I entered my public address.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Scriptic wrote:Do you mean the Query IP? Or should i be looking somewhere else? I entered my public address.
whatever you put in the zoneip column in the zone_settings table

Scriptic

Post by Scriptic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 pm

whatever you put in the zoneip column in the zone_settings table
Each item in the list has 2503489351. I don't recall altering this in any way. Should I have?

Edit: bah, I see what you mean. I possibly have the wrong IP somehow.

Scriptic

Post by Scriptic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Zing. My pc automatically changed my public IP address. I changed the zoneip and now my friend can get in. I just need to change some network settings in the DHCP to make the IP address stick.

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:40 pm

So that just leaves my issue. I've been going through some old posts in the forum, and I came up with one idea I thought I'd run by everyone to see if it might be worth looking into. Almost every time the invalid packets rear their head, it's something to do with the Blowfish encryption, which doesn't like running in a 64-bit environment. I have the 32-bit runtimes for everything, but the server itself is running on a 64-bit OS. Would that cause something like this?

Other than that, the only other thing I can think to do is try and figure out how to rebuild the DB and the servers.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:43 am

Rur0uni wrote:So that just leaves my issue. I've been going through some old posts in the forum, and I came up with one idea I thought I'd run by everyone to see if it might be worth looking into. Almost every time the invalid packets rear their head, it's something to do with the Blowfish encryption, which doesn't like running in a 64-bit environment. I have the 32-bit runtimes for everything, but the server itself is running on a 64-bit OS. Would that cause something like this?

Other than that, the only other thing I can think to do is try and figure out how to rebuild the DB and the servers.
Running on a 64bit OS wont make a difference if its compiled as 32bit code.

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Okay, I double-checked that I compiled the servers as 32-bit just to be on the safe side, and they were. Then I cleaned and rebuilt the game server, but it still only allows one person at a time in. Anyone else just gets FFXI-3001 until that first player's session data is deleted. Is there anything else I can try?

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Problem solved. I thought back to the previous time when I'd had multiple players on, which happened to be when a player had made their character and logged in for the first time. I set up a test account on the host machine, and it didn't work. Then I figured I'd try hairpinning it, and it logged in. A flurry of connection types later, that's what it turned out to be. I have to hairpin all the LAN connections, not just the one from the host connection, to keep the packets flowing properly. With that in place everything is running as it should. Many thanks to everyone who kept my brain spinning long enough to sort through it all :)

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 pm

if your server's IP is set to your external IP, then yea, everything inside that external IP has to hairpin