Having problems connecting Error Build_100, can some help?

nk08

Having problems connecting Error Build_100, can some help?

Post by nk08 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 am

right after selecting the character the game crashes and error message "Build_100" appears.
plz help.

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Having problems connecting Error Build_100, can some hel

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Have you read through the Troubleshooting Guide?

rudin44

Post by rudin44 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Im having the same error but its when i login through ffxi-boot.exe. Ive already looked at the troubleshooting guide and ive updated my pc to the most recent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Demonium

Post by Demonium » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Are you having this problem on your own server or the public servers?

rudin44

Post by rudin44 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Well its a public server that ive stumbled across, but i noticed that the boot file came from u guys. One major note is that before i couldnt get pol to work so i decided to copy my friends fully patched and updated folder for the game and everything and it wotks fine for him, but i get the build_100 error everytime i try.

P.S. It's a private server, but its not mine just in case that was confusing.
Attachments
ffxierror.jpg

Wolke
Developer

Post by Wolke » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 am

There are several issues that can cause this. Basically it means that the program you use to boot the game (ffxi-boot, mxi, ...) did crash while launching the game.

You could miss the file msvc100.dll in your system. In that case like in the trouble shooting guide suggested you can install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. It also could be that this file does not have sufficient permissions. So you could try to set them to full for the msvc100.dll which after the install would be located in the system32 or SysWOW64 folder depending on your OS.

Another reason could be an outdated client, but as you already did that, its probably not the reason. But what could be the problem here is that you only copied the folder. Because those launchers do not find the game based on where you put them but based on registry entries of the game, which would not exist when you merely copied the game. So either you create the necessary registry entries (which I didn't get working myself), or you simply make a fresh install with the game and all addons till WotG, and then overwrite the folder with your friends folder so you can skip the updating process.

Finally it could have to do with the client version you are using. I actually had this problem yesterday on a friends pc. Depending on whether you have a NA or EU client you would have to select the right one in the ffxi-boot.ini, if you have selected the wrong one you will also get the Build_100 error.
Debugger are for sissies! Real men compile directly onto the master CD.

rudin44

Post by rudin44 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Awesome man, thanks a bunch! Ive been looking for day's on how to fix this error, and with just 1 post u helped me more than any other forum or faq around. Thanks again and ill let you know how it turns out.

rudin44

Post by rudin44 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 am

Awesome, im now able to log in and also get on. I really appreciate it bigtime. The only problem is that now when i get on, all of the npc's including myself, is having a render bug or somthing. They kinda just shimmer with solid colors if that makes sense. idk what the cause is but im guessing that its the video card i have on this laptop. its a mobile intel 965 express chipset family. i know that they suck but im hoping that theres a fix for it.

I would post a pic but for some reason im having a hard time being able to save a screencap.