Errors when building server in Visual Studio

Drinkie

Errors when building server in Visual Studio

Post by Drinkie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:42 am

It's been over a year or 2 and since things have no doubt changed since i last had a server i thought i would do everything over from scratch especially since i'm now using a new more powerful PC i did everything and got up to building the servers on Visual Studio however i'm getting lots of errors including ones asking me to save in unicode or a different format if i can get a text file with the errors is it possible for someone to take a look?

demolish
Developer

Re: Errors when building server in Visual Studio

Post by demolish » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:25 am

<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

Drinkie

Post by Drinkie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 am

Ahhh thanks and because it's been a while since i last used Visual Studio am i able to use it to make the listed changes before building?

Edit: I'm also getting errors not listed on that page like "darkstar\src\login\login.cpp(159): warning C4244: '=': conversion from '__int64' to 'long', possible loss of data" and "darkstar\src\login\message_server.cpp(166): warning C4996: 'inet_ntoa': Use inet_ntop() or InetNtop() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings" i've copied all the errors i've gotten into a .txt file if anyone wants to see the issues

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:32 am

Warnings are not errors. We should (eventually) do something about them anyway, but they won't prevent a build.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Drinkie

Post by Drinkie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 am

Yeah the issue was sorted well the fact that i was asking for help about a mission is proof so this post is no longer needed at least for now although new people might like to look at your response for reassurance that their server has been built