JP client version starts in English

Peanut

JP client version starts in English

Post by Peanut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get a JP client working for my wife, who is Japanese. I downloaded and installed a JP client (version 30161103_1) on her computer, which is Win10. I switched her system locale and unicode preference to Japan/Japanese. The JP client worked fine when launching to retail. It also worked fine in JP when launching to retail from Windower 4 version 4.2.13.11.

However, when launching to a public DSP server, it connects but runs in English. I assume this is an xiloader (version 1.0.2) problem. So I tried a few things to get xiloader to launch a JP client in Japanese.

In the settings .xml for Windower 4, I tried typing in:
<args>server--xxx.xxx.xxx.xx --lang jp</args>

This had no effect and the client launched in English. In fact, --lang anything didn't have an effect. I tried --lang JP, Japanese, japanese, 0, 1 etc.

I then tried adding a language argument into the executable line for xiloader like this:
<executable>xiloader.exe --lang JP</executable>

This crashed it. No matter what I typed in, it crashed. I tried the same arguments I tried with the <args> line.

Next, I tried running xiloader through command prompt like this:
...PlayOnlineViewer\xiloader.exe --server xxx.xxx.xxx.xx --lang jp --connected and started in English
...PlayOnlineViewer\xiloader.exe --server xxx.xxx.xxx.xx --lang japanese
--automatically closed, saying "Failed to initialize instance of polcore!"
...PlayOnlineViewer\xiloader.exe --server xxx.xxx.xxx.xx --lang 0
--connected and started in English
...PlayOnlineViewer\xiloader.exe --server xxx.xxx.xxx.xx --lang 1
--"Failed to initialize instance of polcore!"

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sorry if I missed anything obvious. Thank you for reading!

-Peanut

Peanut

Re: JP client version starts in English

Post by Peanut » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Problem solved. My copy of xiloader.exe was outdated and I needed some MSVC files from Mircosoft. Works fine now.
-Peanut