FFXI-3331 Error on a brand new server.

ElgarL

FFXI-3331 Error on a brand new server.

Post by ElgarL » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:37 pm

I can connect fine to the DarkStar Vanilla server but when setting up my own I get the above error on the client.
I have tried the master and stable branches, but both give the same error.

The login server is complaining of a version mismatch between client and server.

Is the github source behind the current version? and will updating the version.info break anything if it is behind?

hobbes2120

Re: FFXI-3331 Error on a brand new server.

Post by hobbes2120 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi, you have to make changes to your version.info file that is in your darkstar directory to match the version of your client. I ran into the same problem and had to figure out what version my client is. I found the client version when I started up the playonline, clicked check files and changed the playonline viewer selection to final fantasy xi. The selection should tell you which version you are running and the numbers you need to put in your version.info file.

I got my server working that way, logged in, but for me, the problem is all characters, new, old, new account, old account, are all stuck in a mog house. Wish me luck and hope that helps you move forward.

*Edit* I just logged onto nasomi with no issues so its probably me trying to add my backup files to the server, or i need to update my linux, or both. Back to scratch i guess :lol: