cannot open scripts/zones/bastok_markets/npcs/_6j1.lua

ElgarL

cannot open scripts/zones/bastok_markets/npcs/_6j1.lua

Post by ElgarL » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:33 pm

I seem to be getting a few errors with missing scripts in and around Bastok. All report No Such File or directory, after almost lagging out the server.

luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/_6j1.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/_6j8.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/_6ja.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/_6jc.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/Synergy_Enthusiast.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Markets/npcs/Synergy_Engineer.lua

luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Mines/npcs/_6i1.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Mines/npcs/_6i4.lua
luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/Bastok_Mines/npcs/_6i5.lua

luautils::onTrigger: cannot open scripts/zones/South_Gustaberg/npcs/Goblin_Footprint.lua

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: cannot open scripts/zones/bastok_markets/npcs/_6j1.lua

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 am

These are non errors usually - its just telling you that object doesn't have a script yet, but in 99% of these cases its an entity that never needs one (doors in town). In other cases, they are just things nobody has implemented yet (synergy isn't a thing yet).
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

ElgarL

Post by ElgarL » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:54 am

TeoTwawki wrote:These are non errors usually - its just telling you that object doesn't have a script yet, but in 99% of these cases its an entity that never needs one (doors in town). In other cases, they are just things nobody has implemented yet (synergy isn't a thing yet).
It would be nice to think that, however, when one of these errors/warnings occurs the server lags and players receive zero packets for ages. Eventually it catches up and speed flys past until its back to real time.

In a few places I have found the asked for scripts in other areas (Goblin_Footprint), so it should be a simple case of copying/updating them. I'm just wondering why they are missing, but most importantly I'm trying to fix/prevent this server lag.

I'm assuming these errors are the culprit of the hang-ups but its possible its just coincidental as the Server its hosted on has plenty of power.

Dual Xeon 5150 Processors @ 2.66GHz
16.0 GB ram
Running 64 bit Windows 7.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:28 pm

ElgarL wrote:It would be nice to think that, however, when one of these errors/warnings occurs the server lags and players receive zero packets for ages. Eventually it catches up and speed flys past until its back to real time.
I've never once seen that happen. Its almost certainly something else at fault. Are you running in debug or release? Debug mode is going to stutter. Excessive disc writes will stutter while all the junk hits the log too unless you have something really fast - like solid state. But I doubt you paired slow HDD's with 16gb ram and a dual xeon server. I'd guess you are running in debug, which is pretty much futile if you actually want to have more than tiny handful of people on at a time these days. You run in release and any old potato with at least 2gb ram will run it full speed with no stalling.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

ElgarL

Post by ElgarL » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:03 pm

I was in debug mode so I've switched to release. I'll monitor it and see if it happens again.