How to adjust Drop Rate

Hoku

How to adjust Drop Rate

Post by Hoku » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Hello, Thank you for the assistance.

I want to adjust the drop rates for End Game. For testing, i decided i would use KB for the Defending ring since this thing is a myth:) However, any changes i make are not taking effect. Even after server restart.

What i have done:

This was all done in the Mod Drop List
1. I first swapped the rate for Pixie Earring and Defending Ring.
a. Pixie Earring now has a 50Rate
b Defending Ring now has 950.

I have to be missing a spot that needs to be adjusted. I am assuming this is possible directly in the code but cannot seem to find.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to be able to modify the drop rates of HNM, NM's, and End Game NM's, i would greatly appreciate any assistance!

One other thing:

Are there any addons that are available where i can change setting on my server without having to reboot every time i make a change in sql?

Thanks Again!

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: How to adjust Drop Rate

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:10 am

Are you editing the sql file or editing your live database? Using queries or some GUI based tool like crappycat navicat?

If you edit the file you will have to reimport/reexecute that for the changes to be in your database. The project currently expresses drop rates in thousandths, so 231 would be 23.1%

There is also a setting in the map servers config (see conf folder) to globally adjust all drops at once if desired. I'd just save some ALTER TABLE statements if its just a handful of items.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Hoku

Post by Hoku » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 am

Hello!

Thank you TeoTwawki for your response. It is greatly appreciated!

in regards to adjusting the drop rate for the whole server. Thank you for pointing that out! i was unaware of this setting. Unfortunately, this will not work for me. My goal here is to make leveling and getting to end game not a choir. I want the work to be put into endgame. Low drop rates on all endgame stuff. :)

So, to clarify, i am updating the SQL table directly in Navicat using update statements. Once i have updated the table, i reboot my server. Verify my changes are still there.

I will be doing the altar table like you suggested once i get this worked out.

I was able to further test which appears the Pixie Earring is pulling from somewhere else because it is still dropping even with all drop rates set to 0.

I am not sure how its setup here, but on retail, i believe it is one or the other.

Further testing:

1. Delete all the records in the mob_droplist
a. This was a test just to verify this is what holds the drops.
b. Verified mobs did not drop any loot.
c. Attempted to Spawn King Behemoth but crashed my server. (Tells me there is something else reliant on this drop) (Guessing some kinda of code where it one or the other)
d. inserted the records i deleted for the mob_droplist/
e. Everything works fine.
2. I used the mob descriptions site to locate the Group ID and Drop ID to determine which ones were for KB.

http://www.dspt.info/moblist.php?l=K&mobid=17297441

Statements used to set all to 0 for next testing.

select * from mob_droplist where dropId = '1936'
update mob_droplist set rate = '0' where dropId = '1936'

3. I then had the bright idea to just set every drop rate on KB to 0 to see what happens.
a. Spawned KB in and killed.
b. It only dropped the Pixie Earring. (If i was lucky i would assume that it would drop Defending Ring if Pixie Earring didnt drop instead)
c. So it does pull from this table, but Not Pixie Earring and (Assuming) D Ring.

So i know this table does come into play but there is more somewhere since it crashes when table is cleared but still drops Pixie when all drops set to 0. I just need a little boost in where to check next. Possibly another table i'm missing. I looked in each one and dont see any other that have a rate column.

I am going to play around with the SKY nms and see if that has the same issue. Don't really need to adjust KB, just figured that would be the easiest test with! Jokes on me :)

Is there a good log i can use to see what happening between the code and the database to help dig back into what is being called when drops are calculated. I know in SQL there is a SQL Profiler. I dont seem to see that in MySQL.

One further question. My navicat trial expired :( so i got to change my system date to use it. Is there a alternatives?

I apologize if these are easy questions :)

Thanks again!

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 pm

There are a handful of mob scripts that are using a workaround for our lack of having implemented drop-slots (where several items share a slot and only one of them can drop). BCNm loot has that feature but it was coded wrong. Regular treasure pool drops lack that feature entirely, so scripts have been setting drop rates to zero for one item and non zero for the other item to work around this. Your crash was KB's script trying to set the rate of a drop ID that no longer existed after you cleared the table. Even with the table zero'd out, the script will change that unless you change the script as well.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

Hoku

Post by Hoku » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:24 am

Thank you for the direction. I got this working!

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:55 am

p.s.
One further question. My navicat trial expired :( so i got to change my system date to use it. Is there a alternatives?
https://alternativeto.net/software/navi ... cense=free

I just use mysql workbench or command line, myself.

Workbench defaultly comes with the official mysql default installation so I dunno why so few ppl are aware they already had this option. It works just fine with MariaDB as well.