FOV saying disabled

Nieechi

FOV saying disabled

Post by Nieechi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 am

Hey all, I have just done an update on my server to get it to be up to date with dspt master and now it seems that when clicking on the manuals, they give the message:

----== SystemMessage ==----
Disabled.

The contents of my settings.lua that relate to these is set to:

-- FIELDS OF VALOR/Grounds of Valor SETTINGS
REGIME_WAIT = 1; --Make people wait till 00:00 game time as in retail. If it's 0, there is no wait time.
FIELD_MANUALS = 1; -- Enables Fields of Valor manuals
LOW_LEVEL_REGIME = 0; --Allow people to kill regime targets even if they give no exp, allowing people to farm regime targets at 75 in low level areas.
GROUNDS_TOMES = 1; -- Enables Grounds of Valor tomes

Is there a new setting somewhere I have to change to get these to work?

whasf
Site Admin

Re: FOV saying disabled

Post by whasf » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:49 am

Did you change your settings.lua while the server was running? If so, you need to restart the game server(s) as settings.lua is read on startup.
-- Whasf

Nieechi

Post by Nieechi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:57 am

All the changes i have in the settings files and conf files etc are copied over from a backup when i do a patch rollup, this is before the project even builds so def before the server is started :(

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Thats a terrible way to do things. Use git. Commit your customizations to your fork. You are going to have things go wrong doing the copy paste or drag n drop stuff..

You can also stash save / stash pop things that shouldn't be committed, like your configs..

This is why you have a problem: that setting name changed. you copy pasted over it and now the new setting is missing, and thus NIL
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Nieechi

Post by Nieechi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Ah cool, I make the other changes i have in the fork usually, just the config ones i didn't as it had the log in details and stuff for the SQL, i'll look into what you said about "stash" save/pop, not come across that before. Thanks :)