Unable to compile the server

Lacrima

Unable to compile the server

Post by Lacrima » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Good evening everyone, few years ago I was able to compile the server without an itch with windows xp and play/test scripts with it, but now with windows 10 I'm having issues with it.

Had an hardware upgrade in my pc, the HD where I had the launcher went to the trash bin, so I lost all the data and I have been trying to try out a new approach on ffxi.

But I'm having issues compiling it.
  • 'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\darkstar\DSConnect-server.exe'. Symbols loaded.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\darkstar\libzmq.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\darkstar\libmariadb.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\win32u.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32full.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr120.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NapiNSP.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nlaapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IPHLPAPI.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcrypt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rasadhlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'DSConnect-server.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The thread 0x2ac4 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x1e38 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x25f8 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The program '[2376] DSConnect-server.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).
This is what shows in the VS 2015 when I try to compile it. Any thoughts and ideias how to solve this? I already uninstall VS 2015 and install it several times and tried a few fresh darkstar source codes from Git clone and also tried with the stable version with the same results.

fnx

Re: Unable to compile the server

Post by fnx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Try VS 2017.
I had different errors the other day and this fixed it.

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Already did and the message error is the same.
I'm lost here.
I miss windows XP.

fnx

Post by fnx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Are you cleaning solution before building?

Possibly didn't include the C++ library on install of VS?

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Already putted the server online, but the connect server.exe seems to not be working well, pops and closes the window.

The issue was the dspdb in navicat wich was not properly configured. Issue solved.
Also, during the debug I still have a few errors, but the build was sucessfull on both exe. Had to compile on full build.

Now my issue is, does DSConnect-server.exe is suppose to open and close in a second when I execute it or not?
*edited*
Full Issue resolved. with some doubts in 1 step, wich will be putted bellow.

Resume of the process:

1- downloaded every program described in the wiki, except for visual studio 2015, in this case go for visual studio 2017

2- uploaded server code through Git

3- in navicat after creating the darkstar server and the dspdb database I used the DSP_import.bat file

* This one is the one that I'm having doubts*
After you've done your initial load, you can use the following script that will preserve character data

cd c:\darkstar\sql
del auction_house.sql
del chars.sql
del accounts.sql
del accounts_banned.sql
del char_effects.sql
del char_equip.sql
del char_exp.sql
del char_inventory.sql
del char_jobs.sql
del char_look.sql
del char_pet.sql
del char_pet_name.sql
del char_points.sql
del char_profile.sql
del char_skills.sql
del char_spells.sql
del char_stats.sql
del char_storage.sql
del char_vars.sql
del char_weapon_skill_points.sql
del chars.sql
del conquest_system.sql
del delivery_box.sql
del linkshells.sql
FOR %%X IN (*.sql) DO ECHO Importing %%X & "c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\bin\mysql" dspdb -h localhost -u root -pMYSQLPASS < %%X
How do I name the file and where do I put it to work?

4- Checked the tables of accounts and char, wich where already configured (I could have just jump this step)

5- In visual studio 2017, instead of debug I went straight to "build" and selected "build full program database file solution"

6- went to c:\darkstar\conf and properly configured this time all 3 servers IP login, wich might be the case of the last caused issue.

Still all help provided is always welcome. And thank you for the suport :D

fnx

Post by fnx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Can be any name with .bat for the extension
It goes in the sql directory in the server directory

c:\darkstar\sql\save_char.bat

It simply deletes all the char .sql before importing everything else into mysql.

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:32 am

Thank very much for the help on that issue ^^b