I've got a big task ahead... as much help needed as possible

Crystan

I've got a big task ahead... as much help needed as possible

Post by Crystan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am

Good morning again fellow Vana Diel'ers!

Ok so since the last problem I have tweaked my settings to get a character a GM at max level so I can simply go through missions/general quests/check certain areas of the game (for a reason I will divulge soon)

I have come across some problems I am slightly stuck with that I need to work.

Firstly - After hitting level 75, the option to swap to merits points is not there...? merit points is still un-selectable on the menu. (also need to increase this to 90...)

Secondly - Big one... I can wait for an airship no problem. It arrives, I board it it goes and zones... The problem occurs when it arrives at the desination. At first I thought it may have been port Jeuno as I've read people have had problems before... But its not just Jeuno, it seems to be the airship...

When it arrives the screen fades out and thats it... it doesn't change zones, @@@ Download Data @@@, no messages nothing... i left it for 12 minutes in total and still nothing. Nothing on World server log either. Any ideas?

Thirdly - TRUSTS: Any help on getting these working would be great...

This is the start of something big for me I hope to share on here in the future in a few months, so i need to iron out the bugs asap to get my development underway.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: I've got a big task ahead... as much help needed as poss

Post by whasf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Crystan wrote:Good morning again fellow Vana Diel'ers!

Ok so since the last problem I have tweaked my settings to get a character a GM at max level so I can simply go through missions/general quests/check certain areas of the game (for a reason I will divulge soon)

I have come across some problems I am slightly stuck with that I need to work.

Firstly - After hitting level 75, the option to swap to merits points is not there...? merit points is still un-selectable on the menu. (also need to increase this to 90...)

Secondly - Big one... I can wait for an airship no problem. It arrives, I board it it goes and zones... The problem occurs when it arrives at the desination. At first I thought it may have been port Jeuno as I've read people have had problems before... But its not just Jeuno, it seems to be the airship...

When it arrives the screen fades out and thats it... it doesn't change zones, @@@ Download Data @@@, no messages nothing... i left it for 12 minutes in total and still nothing. Nothing on World server log either. Any ideas?

Thirdly - TRUSTS: Any help on getting these working would be great...

This is the start of something big for me I hope to share on here in the future in a few months, so i need to iron out the bugs asap to get my development underway.
1. You either have to do the quest to unlock merit points (see http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cate ... Point_Menu ) or give yourself the key item
2. Airships are buggy, someone needs to fix them!
3. There's been talk about people working on trusts (search the forums), but no one has submitted a pull request yet.
-- Whasf

Crystan

Post by Crystan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 pm

ok so had a look at the server log when on airship. I get this when it first zones to the airship after take off:

[Warning] Unhandled game packet 118 from user:
parse: 11B : 0003 0002 44 from user:
[Warning] Unhandled game packet 11B from user:

Noting when screen goes dark...

Luckily when screen goes dark I can still use commands like @homepoint but still annoying...

Any thoughts?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm

The airships are part of that annoying "transports" system https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... =%E2%9C%93

The unhandled packets are unrelated.

Not sure where the transport IDs in the scripts are from. They don't match the ones in the sql table and if there were just plain wrong I think it would have been noticed waaaay before now so either there was a change that missed part of what it was meant to change and nobody uses airships on any major server or these IDs are a different thing entirely.
It's the zoneID apparently. It should just say that instead of "transport" for the name of that argument. -_-

There might be a prob with the NPC IDs, I dunno.

Code: Select all

function onTransportEvent(player,transport)
    if (transport == 223) then
        player:startEvent(0x271A);
    elseif (transport == 224) then
        player:startEvent(0x271C);
    elseif (transport == 225) then
        player:startEvent(0x271B);
    elseif (transport == 226) then
        player:startEvent(0x271D);
    end
end;

INSERT INTO `transport` VALUES(1, 'Kazham-Jeuno_Airship', 17801320, 17801319, -4.000, -3.497, 32.125, 128, 512, 18, 19, 90, 360, 20, 50, 20, 226);
INSERT INTO `transport` VALUES(2, 'Jeuno-Kazham_Airship', 17784936, 17784935, -4.000, 10.450, 117.000, 64, 477, 24, 25, 270, 360, 20, 50, 20, 226);
INSERT INTO `transport` VALUES(3, 'Jeuno-Sandoria_Airship', 17784936, 17784932, -68.000, 10.450, 117.000, 64, 474, 18, 19, 0, 360, 12, 60, 12, 223);
INSERT INTO `transport` VALUES(4, 'Jeuno-Windurst_Airship', 17784936, 17784934, -6.000, 10.450, -117.000, 192, 476, 22, 23, 90, 360, 12, 60, 12, 225);
INSERT INTO `transport` VALUES(5, 'Jeuno-Bastok_Airship', 17784936, 17784933, -70.000, 10.450, -117.000, 192, 475, 20, 21, 180, 360, 12, 60, 16, 224);

int32 OnTransportEvent(CCharEntity* PChar, uint32 TransportID)
    {
        lua_prepscript("scripts/zones/%s/Zone.lua", PChar->loc.zone->GetName());

if (prepFile(File, "onTransportEvent"))
        {
            return -1;
        }

CLuaBaseEntity LuaBaseEntity(PChar);
        Lunar<CLuaBaseEntity>::push(LuaHandle, &LuaBaseEntity);

lua_pushinteger(LuaHandle, TransportID);

if (lua_pcall(LuaHandle, 2, LUA_MULTRET, 0))
        {
            ShowError("luautils::onTransportEvent: %s\n", lua_tostring(LuaHandle, -1));
            lua_pop(LuaHandle, 1);
            return -1;
        }
        int32 returns = lua_gettop(LuaHandle) - oldtop;
        if (returns > 0)
        {
            ShowError("luautils::onTransportEvent (%s): 0 returns expected, got %d\n", File, returns);
            lua_pop(LuaHandle, returns);
        }
        return 0;
    }
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Crystan

Post by Crystan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am

Just an update for everyone...

If you have read the expansion details on djwentertainment.forumotion.co.uk and actually like it then great! You'll be happy to know I've been working none stop on it! Ma king cut scenes on this system is crap though and take alot of work. Though the 3d modelling is also taking its tole on the old laptop... either way, I'm up to chapter 18 so far of my storyline (just finished the Hades battle design) and I want to test it out, but not me...

I have asked a friend of mine who has read it if he'll do the honours of playing the missons so far and beta test if you like. He's agreed but I'm having some connection issues with him.

Baffling... I've set the server laptop to a static IP, and set the login, world and search/ah server to that ip but it's not even connecting to any of those...

I've set myself up using Ashita and can connect absolutely no problem when connected to the same network (I can connect my laptop to the server laptop through hub no problem)

I changed the ip to static when trying to let friend connect but it's not working. ..

Any advice? I've a feeling I've missed a truly bog standem basic step but I'm getting frustrated!

Crystan

Post by Crystan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:08 am

Also, airship system still not working right...

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:49 am

Crystan wrote:Just an update for everyone...

If you have read the expansion details on djwentertainment.forumotion.co.uk and actually like it then great! You'll be happy to know I've been working none stop on it! Ma king cut scenes on this system is crap though and take alot of work. Though the 3d modelling is also taking its tole on the old laptop... either way, I'm up to chapter 18 so far of my storyline (just finished the Hades battle design) and I want to test it out, but not me...

I have asked a friend of mine who has read it if he'll do the honours of playing the missons so far and beta test if you like. He's agreed but I'm having some connection issues with him.

Baffling... I've set the server laptop to a static IP, and set the login, world and search/ah server to that ip but it's not even connecting to any of those...

I've set myself up using Ashita and can connect absolutely no problem when connected to the same network (I can connect my laptop to the server laptop through hub no problem)

I changed the ip to static when trying to let friend connect but it's not working. ..

Any advice? I've a feeling I've missed a truly bog standem basic step but I'm getting frustrated!
https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Buildi ... irewall.29

Also, set the IP in the zone_settings table to your external IP. When *you* connect from the internal network, use the --hairpin option on the loader command line
-- Whasf

Crystan

Post by Crystan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 pm

for some reason I can't open port 54230 on UDP, i can only open in TCP? It tells me Invalid Range of Ports in the External Start and End Ports?

I tested it and I can launch, select my player, log in but then it stops on the @@@Downloading Data@@@ screen... I take it its the UDP port needs opening? Any ideas?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 pm

Crystan wrote:for some reason I can't open port 54230 on UDP, i can only open in TCP? It tells me Invalid Range of Ports in the External Start and End Ports?

I tested it and I can launch, select my player, log in but then it stops on the @@@Downloading Data@@@ screen... I take it its the UDP port needs opening? Any ideas?
No idea, your modem/router sucks apparently.. lol
-- Whasf

Crystan

Post by Crystan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am

The problem is rectified, I went back to the start. Not had any issues with the build apart from my other topic on here. I designed a simple standalone exe with DarkBASIC Pro (old.program for anyone who remembers it! Classic)that starts/stops/resets thr sql, reassign IP if you neex to, updates the settings at the same time, and 1 click starts search, login and game server, with red/green indicators.

Gonna add a restock AH button soon too to work with Anaconda. It's handy coz it just sits on the bottom right of th screen. Simple ;)