Game server won't accept more than one player?

Rur0uni

Game server won't accept more than one player?

Post by Rur0uni » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm

I've seen 3001 issues come up many times looking through the forum posts, but there's never been any kind of resolution to them. So here goes. On this new server I've built, suddenly nobody can get in reliably. One of my other users initially had no trouble getting in, then suddenly got non-stop 3001 errors. I know that the 3001 error is mostly just a "wait it out" thing, but it wasn't letting the player in at all for a good half hour. On the computer I was using, I tried both internal and external connections and could get in fine. Now the other player is able to get in, and I can't get anything but a 3001. It's nothing to do with router ports, because they're all forwarded properly. The accounts are fine, because I tried them on both computers when their connections were working. I've restarted the servers multiple times. It's making it so only one person is able to play at a time, if at all, and I know the server has had more than one person playing simultaneously. Connections to the test server are fine on both computers. I can't believe this is a typical 3001 situation, because literally as soon as the other person was able to log in and play, I lost the ability to. Does anybody have any ideas? I'm pretty well stumped.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Game server won't accept more than one player?

Post by whasf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Any errors on the game server console?
-- Whasf

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

When somebody can't connect, it's doing the "Client cannot receive packet or key is invalid" warning over and over. I've tried every combination of account/inside and outside connection/computer possible, and the only development is that now nobody can log in.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:30 pm

That is a known issue. They just need to time out and have the server kick them automatically. Afterward have them try to reconnect. This can take up to 3-4 tries to get online. If they still have issues connecting after that, then you may need to reset their zone and previous zone entries in the chars table.

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:36 pm

You can manually go in and delete the session data to reconnect faster, however waiting is a good idea as it allows the keys to resync.

Scriptic

Post by Scriptic » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:02 am

I had the same problem a couple days ago with the same packet error. After reading one of the wiki tutorials. I made the character I was able to log in with a GM and used @resetplayer on the characters that were getting the packet errors; they were sent to jeuno but I didn't need to manually change their locations. I don't know if yours is a more complicated situation but this worked for me. Maybe a fluke..

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:54 am

Always appreciative of all the help, but neither suggestion worked. I edited the other player's zone info in the DB trying multiple locations, and still got the packet errors. I tried @resetplayer and sent them to Jeuno, and it's still happening. The game server will drop the character into the world (as visible from someone who is logged in), but with a D/C icon next to their name until the game server times the connection attempt out. This server absolutely has had more than one person on at the same time before, but as it stands it's now single-player. Any other suggestions I can try?

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm still trying everything I can think of to get around this, but I'm honestly out of ideas. I can't see any reason why the server would allow multiple players on and then just stop. Is there anything else I can try?

Scriptic

Post by Scriptic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 pm

I'll have to eat my earlier statement but I just opened my server for public access and a friend cannot connect. He gets so far as to create a character then sits at the downloading screen. I can see him in the search area menu and I used @resetplayer multiple times, changed his previous zone and current zone twice, tried @bring and @goto and have gotten nowhere. He is able to connect to the darkstar test server though. I also see nothing in the server log. It doesn't even give indication that he accessed the server but I obviously see his character in Navicat. So something may be off with our configuration or adjustments i.e. what you give new players. So I'm still trying to figure it out myself. If I find a fix I will post asap.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Scriptic wrote:It doesn't even give indication that he accessed the server
then he didn't - your zoneip tables were pointing him somewhere else