Quick q.

Crystan

Quick q.

Post by Crystan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am

I've got my topics on here I know so quick q to anyone who has any idea...

Im trying to setup a client program that will update FFXI files from my server I have in a seperate directory, so that anyone who plays on my server had the same version.

So;

* Client downloads the ffxi setup and the 3 .dat files from SE website.
* client downloads Ashita V3, the settings, and Update program I'm doing for this in a Zip file.
* program updates ffxi files and registry to server version.
* client connects with matching versions, no conflicts! Happy days...

Any ideas? I can make a program to copy files but not entirely sure what other files/Reg would be needed to be altered/edited?

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Quick q.

Post by whasf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

I think the client computes checksums for the files (the "check version" command in the client), and if they don't match then it freaks.
-- Whasf

Crystan

Re: Quick q.

Post by Crystan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 pm

I remember its a big pain in the rectum... I used to copy and paste it from a HDD backup and it still went nuts 99% of the time.

I'm sure ill work it out at some point. Off of work for 3 week mid march so planning on doing lot of my stuff then, just wanted any advice/other information on the task at hand ;)

Will keep you posted on any further developments on it when I get it started. In the meantime, any snippets on information anyone has would be a good help, regardless how small

^^