Mobs often "unable to see"

Limbomaniac

Mobs often "unable to see"

Post by Limbomaniac » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 am

Hello.

I have a very specific problem with the STABLE build of the darkstar server. Right now I am using the build from commit 40966892a79dbfb276e305598be0c318361f4b03 (Jan. 3rd, 16:38:45 2018)
and I have been facing the problem that my chars are often not able to "see" the mob they are fighting, althoug they are standing directly next to it.

I checked a few positions and figured that if my chars are standing right in front or back of it, with a small gap to the mob, then everything mostly works fine. But when they are trying to attack from the side or about a 45 degree angle from the aforementioned positions, then the "unable to see..." message is shown.

Is there any workaround or is this problem known so far? While playing on the offical Ashita servers I have not encountered this behaviour at all. So i recon, there has to be some sort of solution.
I have searched the forums, but all I could find was a thread from 2015 where Navmeshes have been mentioned.

I would be very thankful for any helpful advice.

Regards
Limbo

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Mobs often "unable to see"

Post by whasf » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:12 pm

I bet your client version isn't compatible with that old stable version. Try master branch
-- Whasf

Limbomaniac

Re: Mobs often "unable to see"

Post by Limbomaniac » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:03 am

Hi whasf

Thank you for your answer. Sorry I did not respond earlier. Had a few things to do in RL...
Anyway, I tried a new master branch build and the problem still persists. My game client is up-to-date and I do not get an error of an unsupported version.

Any more ideas that could help resolve this issue?

Regards
Limbo