Resetting a skill to 0

ClanMcCracken

Resetting a skill to 0

Post by ClanMcCracken » Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 am

I know its possible to set a skill to max though GM commands, but is it possible to set a skill to 0 or any other given number?

ClanMcCracken

Re: Resetting a skill to 0

Post by ClanMcCracken » Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 pm

I was able to figure it out. For anyone else that is interested, your skills can be edited inside SQL.
first you need to know your Character ID (charID)

this can be found if you do a quick query in mysql. Run the command - select charid from chars where charname = "youCharactername"

once you have the charID you can run the command - select * from char_skills where charid = youCharaID

this will display a list of all the skills your character has and they can be set to what ever you want. The skill id's are listed by number, and most of the numbers can be found on the index listed here https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Skill_IDs though the Crafting skills are not on that list. I'll try to figure out what those are and post them.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Code: Select all

select * from char_skills where charid=(select charid from chars where charname="YourCharName")
One query! :)
-- Whasf

ClanMcCracken

Post by ClanMcCracken » Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I seem to have run into an interesting problem. If I physically level up great katana skill from 249 to 250 I will automatically get the Weapon skill Tachi: Kasha. But if i log out, or zone I no longer have access to the weaponskill. Im guessing that its because I dont have something latched to allow me to keep the ws. Currently looking for it now.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat May 05, 2018 12:19 pm

It's because it is a quested weaponskill that shouldn't be showing up at all. The bug isn't that you lost it, the bug is that it was ever there. Could have sworn we *fixed* that bug already though.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS